Management Trainee - Associate Adjuster
Future Leaders Program
Amica is searching for talented individuals for our Associate Adjuster position in our countrywide branch offices as part of our Future Leaders Program. An Associate Adjuster class is scheduled for September 2022.
Our Future Leaders Program begins with a paid hands-on training at our headquarters in Rhode Island.
Personal mentorships. Professional growth opportunities. Relocation throughout the U.S. Please be advised that the location listed in the posting title may not be the location you are assigned to. Location is determined during the training class.
- Be there to help customers in their times of need and restore peace of mind.
- Conduct thorough examinations of claims through investigations, which includes assessing loss sites, performing research and consulting experts.
- Balance investigations of claims with file reporting in your branch office.
- Analyze information and make decisions on claim files.
- Educate customers, vendors and other involved parties throughout the claims process.
- Negotiate with attorneys and other parties to ensure fair and equitable claims settlements.
- Develop positive relationships with customers and other industry professionals.
- Acquire and apply knowledge of legal concepts, medical terminology and home construction.
- Deliver extraordinary customer service at every touchpoint throughout the claims process.
An annual salary of $56,000.
- Bachelor’s degree, any major
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated customer service experience
- Willingness and ability to relocate across the U.S.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve problems
- The ability to bend/lift/carry/move up to 15 pounds and adjust and move objects and debris.
- Must be able to remain in a stationary position often standing or sitting for prolonged periods; move about to accomplish tasks; ascend and descend stairs, ramps and ladders; position yourself in different positions to accomplish tasks in various environments including tight and confined spaces and uneven spaces; inspect and fully appraise all physical aspects of the property and building.
- Be able to drive up to 4 hours per day and possess a valid driver’s license.
- Must be able to work under all environmental conditions including low and high temperatures, outdoor elements such as precipitation and wind, noisy environments, hazardous conditions, poor ventilation and small and/or enclosed spaces.
Perks and Benefits
- Paid vacation, holidays and sick day
- Competitive salaries and exceptional benefits
- Generous leave programs, including paid parental bonding leave
- Medical, dental, vision coverage, short- and long-term disability, and life insurance
- Student Loan Repayment and Tuition Reimbursement programs
- Fitness and wellness reimbursement
- Generous retirement benefits
- Employee community involvement
- Strong relationships, lifelong friendships
This position will generally require relocation to any of our operations:
Central Massachusetts Office
National Sales Center – Central
National Sales Center – East
National Sales Center – West
Northern California Office
Northern New Jersey Office
Rhode Island Sales and Client Services
Service Center Operations – Central
Service Center Operations – East
Service Center Operations – West
Southern California Office
Southeastern Massachusetts Office
Amica Mutual Insurance Company is America’s oldest mutual insurer of automobiles. A direct national writer, Amica also offers home, marine and umbrella insurance. Amica Life Insurance Company, a wholly owned subsidiary, provides life insurance and retirement solutions. Amica was founded on the principles of creating peace of mind and building enduring relationships for and with our exceptionally loyal policyholders, a mission that thousands of employees in offices nationwide share and support.