The Bill Review Supervisor is responsible for the supervision of all operations within their designated department. This position functions as a member of the Bill Review Department leadership team, ensuring optimum team performance by providing exemplary support and assistance to achieve the organizational goals of excellent customer service of the bill review department and of CorVel.
CorVel is a national provider of industry-leading risk management solutions for the workers' compensation, auto, health and disability management industries. CorVel was founded in 1987 and has been publically traded on the NASDAQ stock exchange since 1991. Our continual investment in human capital and technology enable us to deliver the most innovative and integrated solutions to our clients. We are a stable and growing company with a strong, supportive culture and plenty of career advancement opportunities. Over 3500 people working across the United States embrace our core values of Accountability, Commitment, Excellence, Integrity and Teamwork (ACE-IT!).
A comprehensive benefits package is available for full-time regular employees and includes Medical (HDHP) w/Pharmacy, Dental, Vision, Long Term Disability, Health Savings Account, Flexible Spending Account Options, Life Insurance, Accident Insurance, Critical Illness Insurance, Pre-paid Legal Insurance, Parking and Transit FSA accounts, 401K, ROTH 401K, and paid time off.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Directs a team of employees in their day-to-day operations and the quality of services provided, focusing on production, timeliness and quality bill review performance.
- Establishes employee performance goals and follow-up to ensure employees are achieving goals, providing encouragement, training and counseling as needed.
- Evaluates and maintains appropriate staffing levels to ensure all work product is completed within internal and external customer turn-around time expectations.
- Has ongoing responsibility for maximizing department quality and productivity by monitoring service levels and minimizing abandoned calls. Handles productivity reports and assures departmental coverage.
- Acts as a functional resource and assists Manager with operations.
- Reinforces policies, procedures, work assignments, etc., by setting examples and following through.
- Travel to customer and employee sites as needed to attend meetings, perform training and otherwise support customers and employees in their job performance as needed.
- Additional projects and duties as assigned.
- Facilitate analyst understanding of all inpatient and outpatient facility billing for hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers (ASC), and Urgent Care.
- Provide education to analyst on state changes to the states of IN and KY as needed with each states fee schedule updates.
- Monitor the systems for programming accuracy and submit work order to CorVel IT to make corrections.
- Perform QA of analyst daily and provide feedback daily to analyst. Adjust QA standards as needed for each analyst as determined by CorVel's QA standards.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to assist team members to develop knowledge and understanding of bill review practice.
- Effective quantitative, analytical and interpretive skills.
- Strong leadership, management and motivational skills.
- Ability to travel overnight and attend meetings if required.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to work both independently and within a team environment.
- Knowledge of processing bills on multiple lines of business.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, medical billing codes, applicable state fee schedules and/or U&C charge processing.
- Bachelor's degree or a combination of education and related experience.
- Minimum of 2 years' experience medical billing and supervisory/management experience.
- Hospital/ASC/Urgent Care billing and bill review knowledge required.
- AHIMA CCS or CCS-P or CPC or CPC-A or CPC-P certification preferred.
CorVel is an Equal Opportunity Employer, drug free workplace, and complies with ADA regulations as applicable.