ICW Group is looking for a passionate Data Architect who is excited about strategy and long term solutions as we embark on a cloud transformation journey! You will work to lead and create deliverables that help develop target-state guidance (standards, guidelines, reference implementations) for evolving the data infrastructure across the enterprise in order to enable business strategy, knowledge worker productivity, improve customer experience and business decision-making, and deliver targeted business outcomes. This position exists is to provide the leadership, facilitation, analysis and design tasks required for the development of an enterprise's data architecture. This is a perfect role for a Data Architect that knows big picture alignment of data efforts and strives for improvement.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Leads efforts to develop and maintain the architectural assets for the data domain including current and target state data architectures.
- Sets an architecture direction for the data domain that is aligned with business goals. Leads presentations for the organization.
- Maintains a holistic view of data assets by creating and maintaining blueprints that illustrate how data is stored, processed, and accessed.
- Ensures data solutions are in alignment with data architecture principles and target state.
- Oversees end-to-end data asset lifecycle management activities. Drives collaboration efforts and capitalizes on the talents of others to achieve established goals.
- Facilitates and orchestrates the delivery of targeted business outcomes through architectural decisions. Leads the creation of models, architecture design work products, and new technology innovation initiatives within area(s) of responsibility and for the enterprise.
- Leads the design, documentation, and analysis of the business architecture in their area and provides recommendations to ensure the delivery of an integrated, holistic solution.
Collaborates with enterprise, solution, and domain architects to understand the implications of respective architectures on data architecture and maximize the value of information across the organization.
- Works with senior stakeholders and subject matter experts in driving effective data management standards and policies across the organization.
- Provides recommendations on business information that will need to be available and shared consistently across the organization through the identification, definition and analysis of how information assets aid strategies and business outcomes.
- Assists data and analytics leaders, and business and IT leadership in developing data strategy, and governance processes and structures.
- Leads the creation of models, technical standards, and architecture design work products within area(s) of responsibility. Leads technology portfolio prioritization efforts and owns the management of technology portfolio within area(s) of responsibility.
- Expands the use and successful delivery of information across the enterprise, resulting in improved decision making.
Provides strategic recommendations to maximize the value of enterprise data assets, including the external data ecosystem through data exploitation, envisioning data-enabled strategies and enabling business outcomes through analytics, data and analytics governance, and enterprise information policy.
- Evaluates and recommends emerging technologies for data management, storage and analytics.
- Provides insight into the relationship of data to business objectives, applications, technology, principles and standards.
- Represents enterprise architecture by advocating and sharing knowledge. Builds credibility for an initiative by presenting evidence and ensuring that individuals affected are included in the process at the outset.
- Participates as a member of one or more architectural review boards (ARB) that ensure architecture quality and compliance.
- Leads short and long-term initiatives and road mapping efforts that drive change and gains support for proposed solutions. Sets goals, strategic vision, and leads others work. Questions current assumptions and seeks out-of-the-box solutions to challenges.
Contributes to the design, documentation, and analysis of the data architecture in area(s) of responsibility to ensure the data portfolio operates more simply and reliably.
- Works with Head of Architecture and acts as a leader to influence enterprise direction/approach and the strategic planning process. Coaches and mentors others and assists with problem resolution.
- Acts as an expert and sets the current and future state information architecture(s). Seeks out a wide range of views on the topic to refine options, which they communicate to key stakeholders
- Educates business and IT partners on information architecture. Contributes ideas and makes recommendations to improve the process followed for work product by making it more efficient and effective.
- Researches, proposes, and champions new technology innovation initiatives in the organization. Creates and advances the data architecture vision and strategy.
- Leads the design, documentation, and analysis of the technical and integration architecture practice to ensure the infrastructure runs efficiently and effectively.
- Leads project-level architectural reviews and ensures alignment with architectural deliverables, principles, strategies and standards.
This position has no supervisory responsibility.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university required with a major or emphasis in Computer Science, Information Systems, Business, Economics, Sociology or related field. Master's Degree preferred. Minimum 12 years of experience in IT or data management and analytics experience required. Minimum 8 years of architecture experience in multiple architectural domains such as business, information, application, integration, technology and security required. Experience working in the insurance or financial services industry required.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
TOGAF, IASA or any other architecture-related certification required. Insurance or financial services-related certification is strongly desired.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
Ability to establish credibility through visualizations and tell a compelling story to a broad audience. Working knowledge of IT and/or business services and participates in information gathering to support at least one service. Ability to present clearly and effectively to diverse audiences orally and in writing. Ability to identify and communicate the implications and impacts of tactical and strategic architecture decisions on the larger enterprise. Ability to make decisions and recommendations on technology strategies while considering various options and business needs. Awareness of insurance or financial services industries. Working knowledge of infrastructure technologies and participates in information gathering to support their area's technical architecture. Working knowledge of integration techniques and technologies and participates in information gathering to support their area's integration architecture. Working knowledge of business architecture and participates in information gathering to support the practice. Ability to persuade peers within area(s) of responsibility by leveraging existing relationships of peers/manager. Excellent written and verbal communication skills, experience working with cross-functional teams, and presenting to leadership. Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Office applications including Word, Visio, Excel, Project and PowerPoint. Ability to apply principles of logic to a wide range of intellectual and practical problems.
Office environment – no specific or unusual physical or environmental demands and employees are regularly required to sit, walk, stand, talk, and hear.
This position maps to the Individual Contributor level. Additional competencies required: None.
This position operates in an office environment and requires the frequent use of a computer, telephone, copier, and other standard office equipment.