Director of Operations
About the Role
Join one of Jackson’s largest insurance organizations as Director of Operations, a newly created position working closely with the CEO/COO, CFO and divisional leaders to support business growth. Overseeing the company’s daily business activities, you are responsible for managing resources, developing & implementing operational plans and ensuring that procedures are properly carried out. Additionally, you regularly evaluate organizational efficiency, make changes to maximize staff productivity and find ways to contribute to the ‘big picture’ ensuring daily operations run smoothly.
Duties & Responsibilities
Human Resources– Manage the overall strategy, purpose and vision of the entire Human Resources function including benefits, payroll, retirement plans, recruitment, training and development, culture, performance management and succession planning.
Information Technology– Work closely with the IT Manager on cost containment and implementation of new technology, training and usage of existing technology and troubleshooting to keep downtime to a minimum. Work closely with cybersecurity partners to maintain appropriate system security.
Business Management- Participate in decisions related to strategic and tactical insurance agency operations. Work closely with the Office Manager on day-to-day workflow, office accommodations and administrative staffing. Offer insight into marketing & social media strategies to support branding and business development.
Skills & Experience
- Bachelor’s degree is required
- Insurance industry experience is preferred but not required
- Minimum of 5 years of similar operations and business management experience
- In-depth understanding of Human Resources legal issues
- Strategic IT business planning (including Cloud technology & cybersecurity)
Compensation & Perks
- Target compensation range of $115k-$130k
- Comprehensive employee benefits (medical, dental, vision and disability) plus Employee Stock Ownership Plan and 401(k) company match
- Generous Paid Time Off including 10 paid holidays, at least three weeks of PTO (vacation & sick time) and extra personal days during the summertime
- Wellness program including on-site gym
- Company sponsored community service projects