Loss Control Inspector – Personal Lines
Residential Loss Control Consultant-Independent Contractor
We are looking for experienced Personal Lines (Residential) Insurance Consultants to visit accounts in the area to perform interior and/or exterior insurance inspections with detailed photos and documentation required. No licensing required.
At least one year of loss control experience is preferred. Independent loss control consultants (1099 Position) work independently and efficiently to meet hard due dates and are paid by the completed report. Appointments are set at the mutual convenience of the inspector and property contact. Orders are sent and completed reports are returned through a cloud-based system. This is contract-based work that is a flat rate per inspection. Payments are made weekly upon full completion and submission of report.
The ideal candidate has experience and physical ability to adequately assess the physical condition of a property, strong communication skills, good technology skills, good organizational skills, ability to operate basic computer tasks, and the ability to quickly turn around work in a timely manner. The candidate shall have their own equipment for use on the job (computer, digital camera, scanner, cell phone, etc.), reliable transportation, and be available for calls.
During your visit you will conduct an interview, survey/inspect the premises, identify hazards/controls, take digital photographs, and make any necessary recommendations to improve risk. Following the site visit the Inspector is expected to promptly produce a detailed and accurate report of the information obtained.
All contractors must provide a current resume and if considered, submit to a background check which includes a criminal records check. Bi-lingual is a plus.
***Please go to the ‘Opportunities’ section on our website and complete a vendor enrollment form. A direct link is here-https://www.preferredreports.com/contractor-interest-form.***
- Ability to work quickly and efficiently to meet hard due dates with minimum supervision
- Ability to adequately assess the physical condition of a property
- Prepare clear and concise reports
- Basic computer operating, typing, and internet skills. Some assistance can be provided by Preferred Reports if relating directly to our system.
- Own a computer with windows operating system.
- Be a self-starter and require little motivation
- Stays on top of assignments, avoiding last-minute crunches
- Follows directions and instructions carefully
- Be detail oriented and well organized with a flexible schedule
- Must have reliable car with ability to cover a wide territory.
- Must have a digital camera, high speed internet access with an excellent knowledge of Microsoft products, and a measure wheel or similar device.
- Must have a camera pole that extends up to 12 ft and a measuring tool.
- Set site inspection appointments with insured/agent via email and/or phone calls.
- Complete physical inspections of properties within an assigned territory as required by the carrier.
- Take digital photos of properties.
- Identify and document any hazards/controls that are found at the property.
- Complete on-site management interviews regarding the property, as required.
- Upload report / photos through a cloud-based system.
- Complete online training courses, as required.
- Follow all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes.
- Follow all safety and security procedures.
- Perform other duties as deemed necessary.
Apply for Loss Control Inspector – Personal Lines
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly