Field Claims Adjuster 2019 - Portland, OR
RYZE Claim Solutions, is anchored by the strengths of the companies brought together to form this powerful hub of comprehensive claim services. With expansive service offerings, multiple business lines expertise and comprehensive claims knowledge, RYZE provides a wide range of solutions over a vast geographic area. These services include Daily Property, Catastrophe, Flood, TPA/Claims Administration, Casualty, Reinspections, Audits, Appraisal Services, and Training.
Adjusters investigate and evaluate property claims for clients pursuant to client and company direction. Provide timely, accurate, fair, and professional service to all clients and insured parties while maintaining a high level of production.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Investigate and evaluate claims
- Examine claim forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions, company instructions, and other documents to determine applicability to claims assigned
- Physically inspect property for physical damages
- Interview insured parties, claimants and witnesses as required
- Request and obtain necessary information and documentation from third parties and official agencies
- Create reports documenting information necessary for client evaluation and settlement of claims
- Prepare accurate estimates utilizing client-directed estimating system
- Where directed, negotiate with contractors, adjusters, or other parties
- Advise clients of anticipated loss reserves
- Complete assignments in a timely and accurate manner
- Quickly and accurately respond to client and company questions and requests
- Create and send professional correspondence to involved parties as required by clients
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education
- Ability to meet with clients and insured parties outside of normal business hours
- Utilize technology to assist and streamline claims processing
- Manage requirements and expectations of multiple clients simultaneously while handling a full claim load
- Maintain expected claim volume
- Perform other duties as required
Education and Experience:
- College degree or equivalent experience preferred
- Prefer one to three years previous field property claims experience
- Additional insurance-related certifications a plus (NFIP, CPCU, AIC, ARM, etc.)
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- Ability to obtain and maintain required state licenses and industry certifications required
- Valid driver's license
- Mechanically sound and reliable vehicle capable of carrying necessary equipment
- Obtain and maintain appropriate insurance for vehicle
- Able to lift a minimum of 50 lbs
- Able to traverse ladders, roofs, and damaged property
- Able to engage in frequent lifting, stooping, kneeling, and bending
- Ability to inspect and report on three to five losses per day requiring travel by car between locations
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office
- Experience with estimating platforms (Xactimate, Symbility/MSB)
- Must be able to work independently, be self-motivated, and multi-task
- Excellent business writing skills, including attention to detail
- Excellent time management and organizational skills
- Must be able to work remotely with minimal supervision
RYZE offers web based online Webinars as well as an experienced training department for additional training.
RYZE also offers competitive income. Client/results driven % incentive and transparency in billing. Payroll is done on a bi-weekly basis and direct deposit is available.
Employment with RYZE is "at will," terminable by the employee or the company at any time, with or without notice, with or without cause, except as otherwise provided by law.
RYZE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.