Telephonic Nurse Case Management Supervisor
The Case Management Supervisor is responsible for directing the operations of their designated department, which may include one or more of the following functions: human resources, customer service, and limited sales management.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Responsible for directing a designated group of employees in their day-to-day operations.
- Responsible for quality of service provided.
- Responsible for human resources matters directly related to department supervised.
- Requires regular and consistent attendance.
- Comply with all safety rules and regulations during work hours in conjunction with the Injury and Illness Prevention Program (IIPP)
- May be required to travel overnight and attend meetings.
- May perform daily, weekly, monthly reviews of various reports, invoices, logs and expenses.
- May be responsible for limited marketing and sales activities.
- May be required to oversee case management clinical activities (dependent on whether or not unit manager is an RN)
- For Supervisors who are not RN’s, the clinical oversight and direction will be performed by a designated RN with a nationally recognized certification. This could be a case management supervisor, another manager or local executive.
- May perform case management responsibilities (dependent on whether or not unit manager is an RN for medical case management activities or qualified for vocational case management).
- Additional duties as required
KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS:
- Ability to write and speak clearly, easily communicating complex ideas across multiple platforms.
- Ability to remain poised in stressful situations and communicate diplomatically via telephone, computer, fax, correspondence, etc.
- Ability to skillfully manage multiple, complex projects and competing priorities concurrently while working under pressure to meet deadlines and maintaining strong customer service orientation.
- Computer proficiency and technical aptitude with the ability to utilize MS Office including Excel spreadsheets
- Must have technical knowledge of the laws, policies, and procedures in defined territory.
- Strong interpersonal, time management and written communication skills.
- Great attention to detail, and results focused
- Graduate of accredited school of nursing with a diploma/Associates degree (Bachelor of Science degree or Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred)
- Current RN licensure in state of operation.
- 3 or more years of recent clinical experience, preferably in rehabilitation.
- National certification (CRC, CIRS, CCRN, CVE, CCM, etc.), CCM preferred.
- Demonstrated experience in management or supervision.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All persons shall have the opportunity to be considered for employment without regard to their race, color, age, sex, gender, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, military service, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law.
We will endeavor to make a reasonable accommodation to the known physical or mental limitations of a qualified applicant with a disability unless the accommodation would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business. If you believe you require such assistance to complete this application or to participate in an interview, please let us know.
Note to Employment Agencies: Please do not forward agency resumes. CorVel Corporation is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.
Please be aware that CorVel generally does not review all applications/resumes submitted in response to job openings posted on the Internet because of the large volume of responses