HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner
Assurant has an exciting opportunity for a HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner!
The HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner provides Human Resources support to managers and employees in designated segments in one or more Assurant businesses through a center of excellence. This role supports the business by providing comprehensive and consistent processes to provide coaching and counseling services to employees and managers on performance and conduct/behavioral related challenges; answering questions and listening to concerns about the workplace and jobs. The HR Partner will be involved in requests to look into situations that may require a less complex level of investigation or have a sense of urgency to resolve. Those requests may come from employees, managers, Legal etc. In addition, the HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner will proactively partner with HR Business Partners and managers on providing insights and trends that impact the achievement of business results. Support may be provided onsite or remotely/virtually.
The feedback and coaching provided by the Hr Generalist / HR Partner will model and reinforce the learnings of Assurant’s Leadership Program, Experience 2.0, to enable managers to leverage their discretion in judgment to determine the most appropriate course of action. To this end, he or she will promote our culture of engagement, learning and performance while providing a fair and consistent approach to policies, procedures and practices to minimize risk to the company.
Creating and maintaining strong relationships will be critical to success as the Hr Generalist / Human Resources Partner will serve as a key resource to managers and HR Business Partners. In this capacity, the HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner may provide training to managers on topics that will enhance engagement or provide greater insights into management of people resources to support business objectives. Relationships with other HR COEs, (such as Talent Acquisition and HR Shared Services), will be vital to the success of this role
- The HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner provides proactive and reactive coaching and consultative human resources advice and services to all employees of ASSURANT in their designated business unit as well as on an as needed basis in other parts of the business from intake to resolution. This coaching and advice is centered around and leverages the core learnings of Experience 2.0 (i.e. StAR/StAR-AR, GROW) as they counsel on Performance Development and Performance Improvement situations. . They will build and maintain strong working relationships with Managers and with the HR Business Partners for their client group. (60%)
- The HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner leverages MyHR (Case Management and KnowledgeBase), to document and manage the types of situations that come to them from managers and employees. The Partner will use these tools to mine data for their client groups and use the analytics to drive performance in the organization. In addition, the Partner will recommend updates and suggestions to the content in the KnowledgeBase and in the analytics, that will improve the content available to them and to the managers. (20%)
- The HR Generalist / Human Resources Partnerwill develop and maintain relationships with members of the HR Services team (YES) to expedite and ensure that employee and manager concerns or requests are responded to in a timely, consistent and accurate manner as well as documented appropriately. This will also apply to the Legal and Compliance teams for Assurant. The HR Generalist / Human Resources Partner will know when to involve the Assurant Legal & Compliance teams whether for advice or to inform. (20%)
- Bachelor's degree in a related area with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in an HR professional role.
- Experience must include coaching and advising all levels of employees in areas such as performance, organizational change, employee engagement, working relationships.
- Background in HR Policies within Compliance, Federal and local Oregon State employment laws and experience with ADA & employment accommodations best practices.
- Experience working with customer service call center employees, managers and leaders is a plus.