Solid reputation, passionate people and endless opportunities. That's Travelers. Our superior financial strength and consistent record of strong operating returns mean security for our customers - and opportunities for our employees. You will find Travelers to be full of energy and a workplace in which you truly can make a difference.
Enterprise Business Intelligence & Analytics Architecture is a team of highly motivated and skilled professionals who are leading Travelers' analytics journey and driving business value that creates a sustainable competitive advantage for our company. We accomplish this by helping the enterprise adopt various technology platforms ranging from computer (private and public cloud), AI, Predictive modelling, Data Management and Data Ops.
- Are a passionate technology leader who wants to drive technology and architecture strategy?
- Have a passion for collaborating across different business and technology leaders to define strategy and vision.
- Are comfortable with ambiguity.
- Enjoy working in a fast-paced, agile environment at different levels of leadership including
- Enjoy mentoring others and driving adoption of new technologies and design patterns.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
EBIA Architecture organization looking for a Sr. Director for leading their Solution Architecture group with focus on data, analytics and AI.
Primary Job Duties & Responsibilities
- The candidate must have a strong understanding of cloud computing technology, and experience designing and migrating applications to the cloud on AWS/Azure/GCP
- Candidate must have strong experience in few of the technologies of Data Lake Design using Cloud, Advanced Analytics, Machine Learning and Artificial intelligence in the areas of Text/Speech/Image/Virtual Assistant.
- Experience with Modern technologies such as Docker, ECS, Kubernetes, EKS, Openshift, etc.
- Provide architecture leadership to the organization including managing other architects and designers.
- Take a lead role in our continued roll-out and adoption of mature and standard architecture methodologies.
- Participate in the day-to-day execution of the architecture strategy.
- Constantly develop knowledge of current and emerging technologies.
- Identify new and emerging solutions, assesses their relevance and potential value to the organization and present information to teammates and management.
- Will act as the leader and owner for one or more architecture strategies at any given time. These strategies will be enterprise wide and vary in topic.
- Ideally the candidate must be able to apply a broad range of architecture skills, rather than deep strength in one architecture discipline.
- Act as an agent of change in taking a new approach to Enterprise Architecture to better align with our Agile practices. The candidate will be a member of a newly forming Enterprise Architecture team.
- Take an active role in the formation of the team, our agenda and our evolution.
- Work across the enterprise to develop, communicate, and mentor others on design and implementation standards, guidelines and best practices.
- Ability to effectively interact and communicate with all levels within the company and external constituents.
High School diploma or equivalent required. 6 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture required. 3 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Education, Work Experience & Knowledge
- Bachelor's degree in a related field preferred.
- 9 years of experience in enterprise, application, and/or information architecture preferred.
- 5 years of experience managing others and/or technical teams.
Job Specific & Technical Skills & Competencies
- Leadership Skills (Master).
- Demonstrated ability to interact and influence across levels of organization.
- Ability to drive outcomes.
- Ability to lead, coach, and mentor others.
- Ability to set organizational vision and inspire others.
- Ability to manage staff.
- Influencing Skills (Master).
- Ability to hold both a 'big-picture' and a detailed view of a business problem when considering solutions.
- Creatively generates ideas with confidence.
Operates standard office equipment - Continuously Sitting (Can stand at will) - Continuously Use of Keyboards, Sporadic 10-Key - Continuously
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement
Travelers is an equal opportunity employer.