Casualty Claims Adjuster - Evansville, IN
Claims Adjuster -- Casualty Claims Adjuster
RYZE Claim Solutions, is anchored by the strengths of the companies brought together to form this powerful hub of comprehensive claim services. With expansive service offerings, multiple business lines expertise and comprehensive claims knowledge, RYZE provides a wide range of solutions over a vast geographic area. These services include Daily Property, Catastrophe, Flood, TPA/Claims Administration, Casualty, Reinspections, Audits, Appraisal Services, and Training.
A full time Casualty Adjuster will determine the appropriate investigation method; conduct the investigation through written and verbal communication; conduct field visits and scene investigations; write structural estimates; and secure recorded and non-recorded statements. They will obtain the reports, review, and follow-up when required of fire departments, police, and other law enforcement agencies. They are responsible for securing and reviewing medical records. The adjuster will be able to address coverage, liability, compensability, subrogation, litigation and settlement with the Ryze Supervisor, the client, and other pertinent parties. The adjuster must maintain accurate and thorough notes, entries, and T&E expenses when required. They will be able to attend arbitrations, mediations, settlement conferences, depositions, negotiations, pre-trial meetings and trials.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities
- Promptly investigate every claim, including coverage analysis, information gathering, liability and damages assessments, and setting and adjusting of reserves
- Prepare declination and reservation of rights letters as required
- Negotiate settlements and authorize payments within scope of authority and pursuant to client specifications
- Identify and investigate subrogation and SIU issues within claims as required
- Ensure that all claims are concluded timely and appropriately
- Maintain detailed and comprehensive file documentation in one or more claims and/or policy management systems
- Communicate effectively and promptly with internal staff and client personnel on claims and account issues
- Consistently maintain excellent customer service, emphasizing the importance of responsiveness and accessibility
- Work collaboratively with internal professionals and client representatives to resolve claims
- Must have the ability to work independently, prioritizing a workload, and handling multiple tasks simultaneously
- Must keep up-to-date with regulatory and professional guidelines related to claims handling
- Ensure all claims are handled ethically, in good faith, and in accordance with applicable policies and standards
- Travel as required
- Other duties as may be required
Desired Skills and Experience:
3+ years of experience in related claims handling. A Baccalaureate degree and insurance related designation are preferred. Active licenses in multiple jurisdictions (or the ability to obtain upon request) specifically the state of New York. Must be available to travel regionally up to 50% of the time. Knowledge of policy, claims practices, and understand claims adjudication process, Knowledge of casualty claim law and jurisdictional issues. Analyze, interpret, prioritize, and report on pertinent information through accurate, comprehensive and concise written reports. Investigate, negotiate, dispute resolution, strong written and oral communication skills
RYZE offers web based online Webinars as well as an experienced training department for additional training.
RYZE also offers competitive income. Client/results driven % incentive and transparency in billing. Payroll is done on a bi-weekly basis and direct deposit is available.
RYZE is an Equal Opportunity Employer.