What is a Sr. Auditor
The Sr. Auditor II is responsible for understanding and evaluating the internal control and risk environment within Assurant, Inc. at the business, process, transaction, and/or application level. He or she reports to the Internal Audit Services Manager/Director completes all assigned work in compliance with established audit methodology while meeting all organizational and professional ethical standards.
Why You Should Consider This Role
- You are authentic and love collaborating and connecting with people
- You value the autonomy to use common sense and good judgment to make decisions
- You understand, recognize and communicate key performance drivers, business trends, and emerging financial, technical and industry related developments
- You can communicate effectively with all levels of management and staff through written reports and oral presentations
- You enjoy developing business relationships that enable that enable internal audits to fulfill its charter and meet stakeholder expectations
- You go above and beyond in your role as a leader because you want to, not because you have to
- You serve as resource to junior staff
What You Will Like
- The people – we care
- The diversity - every day is different
- The excitement – we focus on ‘What Matters Most’ to our customers
- The difference in the value Assurant places on strong leadership
- The opportunity to learn, grow and advance within our fortune 300 global company
- Competitive salary
Lead Complex Audit Projects:
- Oversee and perform complex risk based audits through all phases of the audit including planning, testing and providing written reports of key findings.
- Assess opportunities to improve the internal control environment across the company.
- Participate in Assurant’s annual risk assessment and audit planning.
- Lead audit team(s) as required.
- Ensure that all supporting documentation is sufficient, adequate and meets professional standards to re-perform conclusions reached.
Build Relationships with Assurant Business Leaders/Managers
- Develop an understanding of Assurant Businesses and maintain awareness of significant industry, regulatory and business changes across the organization and their potential impact on the established control environment.
- Apply listening skills to understand business issues and risks by being responsive to clients.
- Be a trusted, objective and independent partner that is sought after to provide cost effective, independent assurance and advice on the effectiveness of the company’s management of critical risks.
- Assist in department initiatives, Centers of Excellence and other teams to review and improve department processes, systems and methodologies.
- Actively learn and apply knowledge gained through professional development opportunities, including external and internal training.
- Mentor colleagues and provide training on professional standards, best practices, tools and strategies for personal and department success.
What You Should Know About Us
- Assurant, Inc. helps people protect what matters most to them
- We have been around for a while with our roots tracing back to 1892
- We are a Fortune 300 company employing approximately 15,000 people in 16 countries
- We provide specialty protection products and related services to safeguard against risks
The Ideal Candidate Will Have
- Bachelor’s degree or MS degree and 4-8 years’ in equivalent work experience
- Required: 4 – 8 years of internal or external auditing, operations, accounting, or general business analysis.
- Experience in formal communications (written reports and oral) with all levels of staff and management, as well as in collecting and analyzing complex data, recognizing assumptions, evaluating information and drawing logical conclusions.
- Ability to analyze data, identify root causes and propose reasonable solutions that manage risk.
- Ability to write clearly and be focused on actionable and reasonable results.
- Ability to document work performed to enable external re-performance.
- Ability to think critically through recognizing assumptions, evaluating arguments and drawing conclusions.
- Ability to maintain composure and deliver results while under pressure managing multiple assignments and priorities.
- Ability to learn quickly and apply abstract ideas to achieve measurable results.
- One or more related professional certifications in accounting or auditing (CPA, CIA, CFE, CISA, etc.)
- 2 – 4 years of project management experience leading teams to achieve focused and timely results.
- Experience in accounting and accounting systems, particularly an ERP system.
- Experience managing project plans, issues logs, risk/mitigation strategies, automated testing tools, cost/benefit analysis tools.
Travel required: Ability to travel domestically or internationally up to 15% to conduct audits and participate in department meetings.