AmTrust Financial Services
AmTrust has a need for a Subrogation Claims Adjuster. This position will be located out of our Dallas, TX office. The role of the Subragtion Claims Adjuster will be as follows:
- Facilitate recovery of money paid on mid-level to larger claims by the AmTrust North America Claims organization or by affiliated AmTrust North America Companies.
- Is responsible for the prompt and efficient examination, evaluation, supplemental investigation, and resolution of liens of claims being handling in the subrogation unit.
- Provides quality service to all customers
- Verifies liability and negligence scenarios for the jurisdiction in question.
- Places all viable adverse parties, their legal representatives and insurance companies on notice of our lien.
- Coordinates additional investigation as needed by gathering all pertinent information and determining the extent of possible recovery. Does additional liability investigation as determined by the needs of the file and request of the unit leadership.
- Responsible for updating the subrogation screen in the claims system and sets follow-up diaries as needed.
- Negotiates liens with adverse parties, attorneys and carriers.
- Obtains investigative material such as police reports, investigative reports and assigns experts as needed.
- Controls loss adjustment expenses.
- Documents all correspondence, reports, discussions and decisions.
- Works closely with the primary claim analyst to coordinate the subrogation investigation with the underlying file needs.
- Notifies the primary claim analyst of any situations which may affect the underlying claim.
- Does queries in appropriate databases to develop additional recovery sources.
- Any other tasks or responsibilities assigned.
- Good analytical abilities to review, exercise judgment and evaluate claims in order to make sound decisions.
- Good understanding of liability and negligence, multijurisdictional exposure preferred.
- Excellent negotiation skills
- Ability to work independently with self-initiative.
- Excellent computer skills including are needed due to multiple claim systems and automated recovery tools such as ISO, Arbitration Forums, etc.
- Effective communication skills; ability to obtain information from others and deliver information to others orally and in written form.
- Organization skills; Business math Skills; Business telephone skills.
- College degree is not a prerequisite for this position; however, incumbents should possess such skills and knowledge as are normally gained in the successful completion of a 4-year college program.
- Insurance coursework (I.e. IIA, CPCU, SCLA, AEI), is beneficial.
- Knowledge of claims handling and state laws and insurance regulations.
- Minimum of three years prior adjusting experience in an insurance-related claims field is required.
- Exceeds expectations in current position.
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.