AmTrust Financial Services
The Commercial Insurance Multi-line Underwriter is responsible for the evaluation, selection, acceptance, rejection, pricing and servicing of commercial insurance policies within accepted company procedures and guidelines. Maintains effective agency relationships and manages agency profitability within assigned territories.Responsibilities
- Analyze commercial lines accounts to make decisions based on individual risk characteristics, exposure analysis, hazard recognition and controls
- Determine acceptability of risks utilizing loss control inspections, loss experience reports, Google Maps and internet tools as well as any other information available to make sound underwriting decisions
- Review and revises pricing and coverage to ensure premiums charged are commensurate with the exposure
- Responsible for thorough documentation of underwriting decisions aligned with Letter of Authority
- Review daily correspondence, reports, endorsements, loss control reports and publications pertaining to responsibility
- Partner with Regional Sales Team members to drive profitable growth from assigned agencies including collaborating to identify new sources of production and promoting the AmTrust product offering
- Build productive and positive relationships with assigned agency contacts
- 3-5 years of multi-line underwriting experience
- This experience should results in the knowledge of property and casualty and Workers’ Compensation underwriting procedures and policies, ISO/CLM computer programs and Microsoft Office Applications
- Strong analytical ability, organizational skills, results driven in a goal production environment.
- Operates with a sense of urgency and ease between tasks and meets service levels and productivity expectations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Bachelor’s degree or related work experience in a similar environment
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses & children, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Time Off.
AmTrust strives to create a diverse and inclusive culture where thoughts and ideas of all employees are appreciated and respected. This concept encompasses but is not limited to human differences with regard to race, ethnicity, gender, sexual orientation, culture, religion or disabilities.
AmTrust values excellence and recognizes that by embracing the diverse backgrounds, skills, and perspectives of its workforce, it will sustain a competitive advantage and remain an employer of choice. Diversity is a business imperative, enabling us to attract, retain and develop the best talent available. We see diversity as more than just policies and practices. It is an integral part of who we are as a company, how we operate and how we see our future.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.