Territory Sales Manager
TERRITORY SALES MANAGER- DC AREA, PHILLY AREA, MID-ATLANTIC AREA
This position is responsible for agency appointments, training agency personnel on company products, procedures and underwriting guidelines and increasing company product sales in assigned region (s) or geographical area. This position sells the company products and services via appointed agents using technical, organizational, and customer knowledge to influence production and quality of business with agents in assigned territories to increase company revenue. In addition, the position provides input and participates in gathering and creating reports relating to weekly agency visits and contacts, market intelligence, market planning and communication of technical development of products and services to clients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Evaluates agency qualifications for appointment and make appropriate recommendations for appointment.
- Coordinates receipt of and execution of appointment paperwork between agents and company.
- Coordinates receipt of id’s and passwords between processing company and Universal. Communicates id’s and passwords to agents.
- Schedules, coordinates and conducts agent training sessions on individual and regional basis. Schedules, coordinates and conducts monthly customer service training sessions.
- Collects and communicates feedback from agent and CSR training sessions to appropriate area. Responsible for agency production and quality of business.
- Provides recommendations as to modification of and improvement to web based quote and application platform and processes.
- Conducts agency marketing visits at least monthly with all appointed agents in assigned marketing territory; Conducts Q & A sessions and audit files.
- Provides audit reports to Sales Management and Underwriting.
- Assists with agency communications.
- Completes quarterly agency evaluations to include production levels, progress toward any contingent commission requirements, and quality of new business submissions, audit results, and loss results.
- Reviews results of quarterly agency evaluations with agency principal; establish corrective action plans to address area(s) of concern. Responsible for knowledge of all UIM products, pricing and processes.
- Gathers knowledge of competitors, products, pricing and processes and communicating with UIM team members.
- Provides input into annual rate review process.
- Collaborates with underwriting, operations, claims and marketing as needed. Performs other duties as required.
This job description has been prepared to indicate the general nature and level of the work that employees perform within their classification. This description is not and cannot be interpreted as an inventory of all the duties, tasks, responsibilities and qualifications required for the employees assigned to this job.
Education and / or Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- Three-to-five years’ experience marketing P & C personal experience in designated state including marketing to Independent Agents.
- Experience required in marketing to homeowners and/or personal auto and marketing in commercial lines is a plus.
- Must have experience training and developing agency staff.
- Must demonstrate ability to problem solve and negotiate with special emphasis on closing the sale. Understanding and experience with enacting FCRA and GLB regulation.
- Must be able to understand and review agency qualifications for appointment and make recommendations for appointment or dismissal.
- Experience selling and marketing to large territories P& C personal lines and Commercial products including homeowners, and personal auto is required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, Mapping, Internet based platforms and Web Page Management.
- Strong interpersonal skills and team skills; ability to interact with all levels of internal and external customers.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication and organizational skills including; formal presentation skills before both small and large groups.
- Must possess a satisfactory Motor Vehicle Driving Record. Must be flexible and able to be adaptable in a changing business environment.
- Must possess sound, balanced and timely decision making skills.
Licenses and / or Certifications:
CPCU and/or CIC designation desirable.