Claim Manager - Personal Lines Casualty
In this role you will lead and manage a team of personal lines claim professionals. You may also be involved in projects, working with vendors, and services to achieve CARE Team objectives and goals.
- Execute on Claims Department strategies to achieve Claims quality, customer service and operational objectives.
- Manage, lead and develop claims staff.
- Create an environment to provide opportunities for all associates to reach their full potential.
- Develop a partnership with sales and underwriting to deliver customer service and foster agency relationships consistent with State Auto’s mission, vision and values.
- May work closely with claims counsel, general counsel, and reinsurers.
- Prepare and manage department budgets.
- May be called upon to perform additional duties as directed.
- Supervises and directs a team of associates who handle moderate to complex Personal Auto BI, UMBI, UIMBI, HO Liability BI and PD and associated med pay claims involving coverage and liability investigations.
- Responsible for the growth and technical development of their team, particularly in regards to coverage analysis, investigation, damage assessment and controlling time element exposures.
- Reviews, coaches and provides authority for losses of moderate to high complexity.
- Oversees all claims related functions and provides feedback and suggestions to Personal Lines Leadership.
- Ensures compliance with Department initiatives and Compliance related matters.
- Prepare associates for presentation of high exposure claims to the Large Loss Committee.
- 10 years or more in property and casualty claims handling experience preferred.
- 3 or more years experience in training, leading, and supervising the work of others is required.
- High school degree or equivalent; college degree preferred.
- Insurance designation preferred.
- Basic computer skills and Google and Microsoft applications.
State Auto offers a competitive salary, an annual bonus program, an excellent benefit program including medical, dental, vision and prescription insurance coverage, life insurance, matching 401(k) plan, flexible spending accounts, tuition assistance, and a stock purchase plan.
State Auto is committed to the principle of equal employment opportunity for all associates and applicants and to providing associates with a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment. All employment decisions (hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, training and work assignments) are based on business needs, job requirements and individual qualifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, citizenship status, military status, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. State Auto will not tolerate discrimination or harassment based on any of these characteristics.
State Auto is a smoke-free work environment. We utilize drug screening and background checks as conditions of employment. For all exempt positions we also obtain motor vehicle reports (MVRs).
State Auto will not accept candidates from third-party recruiters without a signed agreement with State Auto.