The Claim Manager supervises the investigation, evaluation and resolution of claims. They are responsible to inspire and develop a team of adjusters. The successful candidate will have a passion for people and results, with a drive to ensure accurate outcomes while servicing the customer.
- Mentor, coach, and provide an exceptional learning environment for team members.
- Oversight of day to day claims handling and performs open and closed file evaluations.
- Work closely with department leadership to set strategic priorities and drive team performance.
- Implement policies to manage compliance requirements with claim handling guidelines and ensure good faith claim handling.
- Evaluate metrics and monitor results.
- Direct Adjusters on proper reserving and payments.
- Set standards, monitor and report on performance of outside vendors.
- Supervise defense attorneys on discovery of litigation cases and negotiation of settlements.
- Proactively assess Claims Processes to develop strategies to seek continual process improvement.
- Participates in long-range departmental planning and contributes to project reviews.
- Seven (7)+ years claims adjusting experience; bachelor’s degree required.
- Demonstrates knowledge of State Fair Claims Practices Act and generally accepted reserving practices.
- Proven leader, passion for people and results.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships at the Management level across functional groups and business units.
- Ability to influence the thinking of, or gain acceptance from, others in sensitive situations, using influence and preventing damage to the relationships.
- Actively recruits, retains and develops talent and holds employees accountable for results.
- Leads change, manages conflict and fosters collaboration
- Manages customer expectations, solicits customer feedback and ensures commitments are met.
We offer a competitive compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, life, flexible spending and 401(k). Compensation is based on experience.