Property Field Claims Adjuster II
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Are you looking to use your customer service skills in a role where you can see that you are making a difference in peoples lives? Are you looking for a position that allows you to do meaningful and innovative work in a culture of continuous improvement? Do you want a career with endless opportunities for growth?
As a member of the Business Lines Property Claims Team, you will play a vital role in providing an outstanding customer experience to business owners by using your investigative and negotiation skills to resolve a variety of Commercial claims in a fast paced, detail-oriented, team environment. In this role, you will travel to the loss site to conduct thorough analysis. Every day is a new exciting challenge, as our Business Lines Complex Property Claims team uses cutting edge products and services to help our business owners through the claims process.
Property Adjusters investigate commercial property claims, evaluate damages, determine coverage, set accurate loss cost estimates, control the insured's exposures and losses, manage consultants, and achieve a prompt, fair and equitable settlement according to fair claims handling requirements. Negotiate settlement of claims with varying complexity and perils.
**Ideally we would like the selected person to live in or near Hartford, CT or Stamford, CT. The territory includes Central and Western Connecticut. We are open to fill as a Property Field Claims Adjuster I, II or Senior Claims Adjuster, depending on candidate experience.
In this role you will:
- Conduct on-site appraisal or direct independent adjuster to determine facts relevant causation, damages and exposure.
- Engages and manages consultants and independent adjusters as required. Monitors the costs to ensure they are reasonable and necessary.
- Establishes and maintains accurate loss cost estimates and reserves for each claim for reporting, financial records, and other purposes.
- Keeps the Insured and others informed about the claim's status with clear, timely and accurate written/oral communications. Effectively communicates in writing on moderately complex coverage issues with minimal review and coaching. Determines depreciation of claim.
- Affirms or denies coverage of the claim based on the facts and the policy terms and conditions. Develops information necessary to make advance, partial and final payments when appropriate.
- Meet time requirements of the policy and fair claims handling practices.
- Effectively negotiate settlement of claims of varying complexity and perils. Achieves a prompt, fair and equitable settlement of a claim, where there is policy liability.
- Keeps the electronic claim file properly documented with accurate, clear and timely information and reports that reflect the adjustment activities and substantiate any payments made.
- May participate in quality assurance file review sessions and serve as a technical resource for less experienced claims personnel.
- Will be called upon for catastrophe duty.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent, and at least 18 months of progressively responsible experience.
- Knowledge of property insurance; commercial property claims; coverage evaluation; claims investigation, loss assessment, evaluation and reserves; financial analysis; insurance regulations; negotiation and settlement of moderate complexity claims.
- Customer service focus and ability to build relationships.
- Ability to write business correspondence, produce accurate work, manage projects, manage vendors; and use core applications/spreadsheets.
- Successful completion of required internal training programs and AIC (Associate in Claims) module 33 preferred.
- Ability and willingness to travel to the site of a catastrophe for assignments that may last several weeks.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.