Director of Claims - Medical Malpractice | Salt Lake City, UT
Insurance Placement Solutions has an immediate opening for a Claims Director with our client in their Salt Lake City, UT location. This position is responsible for leading a team of Medical Malpractice Claims professionals, developing and implementing claims management and defense strategies, responding to audit and actuarial requests, and creating and implementing department protocols and policies.
Claims Director Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Lead, manage, supervise, support, and develop team of highly specialized medical claims professionals and support staff.
- Develop and implement plans for managing complex medical malpractice claims and litigation.
- Coordinate with various insurance companies regarding the defense of medical malpractice claims and litigation.
- Maintain and implement strategies to manage high-value medical malpractice cases.
- Regular interaction with high-level corporate executives.
- Assist operational teams in the investigation and management of medical malpractice cases.
- Advise and recommend process and protocol improvements to minimize risk of medical malpractice cases.
- Develop and maintain documentation of department policies and procedures.
- Attend high-value mediation and trials, as necessary.
- Other projects as assigned by management.
- 10+ years of experience in a claims management role
- Previous experience in the medical professional liability area on a national level
- 5-7 years of progressive leadership roles
- Strong leadership capability coupled with demonstrable history of leadership.
- Ability to manage, supervise, develop, and lead a team of highly specialized claim professionals and support staff.
- Ability to develop and implement plans for managing complex medical claims and litigation.
- Experience coordinating defense strategy with insurance companies.
- Experience evaluating and investigating medical malpractice claims.
- Experience selecting and managing defense counsel.
- Experience interacting with high-level corporate executives in explaining complex medical cases.
- Strong understanding of medical malpractice insurance issues.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- MBA or other post-secondary education is strongly preferred
- Competitive pay
- Healthcare coverage with corporate wellness program
- Free on-site health center and health coaching for employees and dependents
- 401(k) company match
- Tuition reimbursement
- 14 days of PTO your first year and paid holidays
- Hall of fame development programs as recognized by Training Magazine
- On-site cafeteria and game room
About Insurance Placement Solutions
IPS is an insurance staffing and recruiting firm dedicated to the insurance industry, including claims management jobs in the Salt Lake City, UT area. Our services are designed to be a resource for clients to gain access to high caliber talent. Many of our clients do not have the dedicated manpower to quickly fill their temporary, temporary to hire or direct hire vacancies. That is where we come in. Our clients are able to utilize our services to maintain business-as-usual during unforeseen interruptions and fluctuating business needs. Plus, our candidates benefit from gaining backdoor access to highly sought-after positions with top companies in the industry.
Apply for Director of Claims - Medical Malpractice | Salt Lake City, UT
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly