Auto-Owners Insurance, a top-rated Insurance Carrier, is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Loss Control Consultant. The territory is for the Denver area and includes other parts of Colorado. The position requires the following essential duties and responsibilities:
- Delivery of high quality multi-line risk evaluations and loss analysis of exposures and controls related to Workers’ Compensation, Property, Inland Marine, Umbrella, Builders’ Risk, Products/Completed Operations, Commercial Auto, Garage Liability/Dealer’s Blanket and General Liability.
- Have a team-based approach working with other internal associates and departments, as well as our agency partners, to provide effective risk improvement consultations to Commercial policyholders that positively influence loss ratios, relationships, profitable new business growth and account retention.
- Deliver collaborative, consultative-based Loss Control services that provide value and solutions to policyholders while working with them to move service issues forward and improve the account’s loss exposures and performance and overall cost of risk.
- Conduct on-site visits of existing and prospective policyholders and complete comprehensive survey reports to evaluate operations, exposures and controls and provide an overall assessment for adequate risk selection, pricing and application of techniques for profitable Underwriting results.
- Complete value-based correspondence to summarize visit activities that includes solutions-based discussion and development of meaningful recommendations to minimize policyholder exposure to loss.
- Act as a technical resource for Underwriters, other internal departments, agency partners and policyholders. Assist policyholders with identifying exposures and implementing effective controls to minimize risk.
- Provide value-added services to assist in overall policyholder risk reduction strategies such as effective safety culture implementation, risk identification, program development assistance, safety training, resource assistance and loss analysis evaluation.
- Market Loss Control department and Auto-Owners competitive differentiation to policyholders and agency partners with a focus on building positive and lasting relationships to bring in and retain profitable business.
- Assist in the evolution of the Auto-Owners Loss Control Department by contributing technical skills and knowledge, expertise, ideas and working on projects to assist in achieving our vision. Mentor, coach and train new and less experienced Loss Control associates.
Desired Skills & Experience
- Excellent oral and written communication, presentation and marketing skills
- Active listening and the ability to ask open-ended questions
- Sound interpersonal, consultative and collaborative skills
- Excellent problem solving, critical thinking, organizational and time-management skills
- Detail oriented and disciplined
- Strong work ethic
- Excellent problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Assertive and high level of self-motivation
- Ability to work independently, remotely and with minimal supervision
- Ability to work cooperatively and enthusiastically with both internal and external stakeholders
- Flexibility for necessary travel and occasional overnight stays
- Valid driver’s license with good driving history*
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university in safety related sciences, engineering, related field, or equivalent OR an Associate’s degree in Occupational Safety and Health with equivalent related work experience.
- Minimum of 3 years increasing levels of related Loss Control and Commercial lines Property/Casualty insurance experience
- Possessing relevant designations such as ALCM, OHST, ARM, CFPS, CIH, ASP and/or CSP
Competitive salary, matching 401K retirement plans, fully-funded Pension plan, bonus programs, paid holidays, vacation days, personal days, paid sick leave, and a comprehensive health care plan.
*Please note that the ability to work in the U.S. without current or future sponsorship is a requirement.
Auto-Owners Insurance is a mutual insurance company made up of five property and casualty companies and one life/health/annuity insurer. Established in 1916 and headquartered in Lansing, Michigan, we currently operate in 26 states. Our written premium is nearly $6 billion, and we are proud to have been ranked among the Fortune 500 every year since 2002. Auto-Owners continues to be recognized for exceptional financial strength and stability among the nation’s largest insurers. We partner with independent agencies that sell our products and are consistently acknowledged for our superior customer service to our agents and our policyholders.
Auto-Owners offers a wide range of career opportunities, and we are seeking talent that will help us continue our long tradition of success. We offer a friendly work environment, structured training program, employee mentoring and an excellent compensation/benefits package. Along with a competitive base salary, matched 401(k), fully-funded pension plan (once vested), and bonus programs, Auto-Owners is also committed to a work/life balance and provides generous paid time off including holidays, vacation days, personal time, and sick leave. If you're looking to do rewarding work alongside great people, Auto-Owners is the place for you!