Desk Appraiser - Auto
At Windhaven we are always looking for "A" players who want a challenge. Are you a driven person who wants to achieve great feats of growth within your career? Then we want to talk to you!
We are a successful, fast growing Property & Casualty Insurance group of companies headquartered in Miami, Florida. We thrive in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company, and we are committed to our mission, culture, core values, and data-driven decision making. Currently we are looking for an experienced Desk Appraiser to join our growing team in Dallas.
The Desk Appraiser offers superior customer service by using exceptional investigation skills to evaluate, and appraise damaged automobiles of varying condition. Assesses estimates and repairs for accuracy per Windhaven™ Insurance standard.
- Desk reviews appraisals costs for parts, materials, and labor necessary to restore vehicles to their pre-damaged condition.
- Documents all key activities regarding estimate, repairs, and evaluation.
- Provides claims personnel with expert advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinion on whether specific damage is related to accident.
- Reviews claims in determining when a damaged vehicle should be classified as a total loss.
- May assist in the training of staff and evaluation of staff, independent and Direct Repair Program shops.
- Complete Direct Repair Programs re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- At least 3-5 years of experience in an Appraiser position with experience in Appraising and Estimating
- Knowledge of Audatex/Auto source estimating systems
- Detail oriented
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Bilingual - English and Spanish preferred
- Strong negotiation and analytical skills
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.