Insurance Inspector - Independent Contractor
Independent Contractors Duties:
- Conduct physical, on site field Insurance Inspections and Loss Control Inspections for our client companies.
- Assist clients in making underwriting decisions and do so in a prompt and professional manner.
- The physical characteristics, exterior measurements, general conditions, photographs, unusual hazards and recommendations associated with a property are part of our comprehensive reports that summarize the observable hazards associated with a risk.
- The above information is used by our client companies to determine whether a risk meets the carrier's eligibility requirements.
- Inspectors are the "eyes" for the insurance underwriter, who is generally in another area and confined to an office.
Our inspectors set their own hours and work schedules in which they organize to accommodate the needs of our clients.
Insurance Inspector Independent Contractor Qualifications:
- Be an energetic individual capable of completing a high volume of insurance inspections.
- Be able and willing to travel a minimum of 10 to 40 zip code areas (depends on population density).
- Be motivated, analytical, resourceful, decisive, and have good problem-solving skills.
- Have solid written, composition and verbal communication skills.
- Have a strong desire to succeed and work independently with limited direction & guidance.
- Be self-disciplined, organized and able to manage an aggressive workload and have the ability to prioritize and schedule inspections timely and efficiently.
- Be able to observe, develop, and communicate risk recommendations so that the underwriter can make an effective decision on the risk.
Insurance Inspector Technical Requirements:
- A Microsoft Windows based PC with Vista or Windows 7Monitor running 800 X 600 or higher resolution
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 8 or higher
- Adobe Acrobat Reader
- Broadband internet connection
- Digital camera capable of interfacing with your PC
- Color inkjet or laser printer
- Reliable, insured transportation and valid driver's license
- A measuring wheel, monopod and a clipboard.
If you meet the above criteria, please submit your resume, accompanied by a short, but precise, cover letter explaining why you feel you are suited for this position. Candidates are subject to criminal background checks. If you meet our qualifications you will be contacted immediately.
Sutton Inspection Bureau is a dynamic, entrepreneurial, growing company that has over seven decades of involvement and experience in the insurance inspection industry. We are committed to quality insurance inspections, prompt time service and strive to meet our clients every need.