Associate General Counsel
Associate General Counsel
Floridas largest private insurance carrier is seeking a highly motivated and skilled Attorney to add to its Litigation Department. The position will require counsel to independently manage an active caseload, including litigating all aspects of first-party insurance cases up to and through trial throughout the State of Florida.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Independently handle first-party insurance lawsuits from inception through trial/resolution
- Demonstrate exceptional legal research and writing skills
- Draft substantive pleadings, motions, briefs, discovery and other necessary legal documents
- Conduct examinations under oath
- Independently evaluate and identify potential exposure and risks associated with independent cases
- Maintain a leadership role within the Litigation Department, including collaborating with litigation adjusters, administrative personnel and claims personnel with the goal of obtaining identified goals
- Provide leadership through mentoring legal support staff
- Supervise special projects to accomplish company goals
- Fully and effectively utilize available technology
- Timely complete required litigation and administrative tasks
- Travel throughout the state as required to meet business needs
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Minimum 5 years experience
- Juris Doctorate from an accredited law school
- Licensed in Florida and a member in good standing.
- Exceptional research and writing skills
- Experience in conducting depositions and examinations under oath
- Experience in all phases of litigation and trial
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match is fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
- Free health club membership
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.