Claims Examiner - Represented Unit
The Claims Examiners primary responsibility involves the review and evaluation of complex natured claims. This includes reviewing, evaluating, adjusting and investigating claims presented by or against our insured to confirm coverage, determine legal liability and equitability to settle or defend in compliance with all state regulatory requirements. This position requires setting and adjusting reserves and approving payments. The Claims Examiner recognizes life events, understands insureds needs and provides advice to deliver appropriate solutions.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Evaluation of complex represented claims.
- Communicate with independent adjusters and other experts to gather information on claims.
- Negotiate and explain settlements with the insured and/or their representatives.
- Knowledge of multiple policy forms.
- Manage workload and provide management with reports for late reporting per established UAC guidelines.
- Answer incoming telephone calls from agents, public adjusters and insureds.
- Review and analyze written information.
- Communicate effectively.
- Rely on training and guidance from management to plan and accomplish goals.
- Understanding of estimating software.
- Supports catastrophe operations as needed to include working significant overtime during designated CATs.
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- High School Diploma or GED
- 4+ years property claims adjusting experience in South Florida.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook.
- Must possess a Florida Insurance License.
- Possession of other state license as required by management.
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player.
- Ability to multi-task.
- Computer savvy.
- Basic calculator skills.
- Working knowledge of ISO policies.
- Bilingual preferred.
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match are fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
- Free health club membership
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.