Claims Adjuster (GL/PE)
Provide direct support to assigned public entity clients, exercising independent judgment and personal discretion on matters related to general liability claims, claim management, and claims resolution/settlement. Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Investigating, analyzing, and determining the extent of insurance provider's liability concerning personal, casualty, or property loss or damages.
- Recommending claim action and setting and adjusting proper reserves as appropriate while complying with accepted guidelines regarding reserve practice and authority levels.
- Communicating with claimants, clients, specialists, witnesses, and attorneys throughout the claims process.
- Creating and maintaining records, diaries, and reports in the CXP claim system and/or the client’s system.
- Calculating benefit payments, negotiating claim resolutions, and approving payments, within a certain monetary limit.
- Collaborating with counsel in preparation for litigation including assembling evidence to support contested claims and keeping clients advised of litigation status.
Education and Experience
- Four-year college degree preferred.
- At least three (3) years’ experience with insurance claims, self-insurance, pooled insurance, or Joint Powers Authorities.
- Possess comprehensive knowledge relating to the handling of public entity liability claims.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.