Senior Financial Analyst
As the Senior Financial Analyst, under the supervision and guidance of the Director of FP&A, you will be responsible for financial modeling, forecasting, and analysis of financial results for Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc and its subsidiaries. In addition, you will work with the Director of FP&A and the Director of Financial System Support in reporting including management reporting, Briefing Book, Flash Reports and Board books.
- Learn how to use Adaptive Insights software to do financial modeling and reporting with a goal to be the principal financial statement modeler within Workday/Adaptive Insights.
- Keep up to date on changes related to new releases of the Workday/Adaptive
- Continue to build, maintain and improve Universals Adaptive Insights financial model. Using the information that is available, produce accurate and reliable income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow projections on both a US GAAP and Statutory accounting standards for the individual companies and consolidated holding company
- Incorporate any changes made within Workday into the Adaptive model (e.g., add new accounts, change mappings, change rollups, etc)
- Upload monthly results from Workday into Adaptive. Reconcile any differences or data load errors. Enter manual eliminations when actuals are loaded. Ensure actuals match Workday for individual companies and on a consolidated basis
- Master Adaptive financial reporting capabilities through the use of Adaptive Office Connect tool
- Maintain cost center G&A expense forecasts and work with the Treasury group to identify emerging trends
- Learn how to use and maintain top-down Excel consolidated forecast model
- Assist in production of monthly flash results, quarterly briefing book, and quarterly board of directors presentations
- Quality control and verification of all reporting before issuance
- Work on project to improve or enhance management or external reporting process and workflow
- Work on confidential projects as they emerge (i.e. M&A modeling) including scenario modeling within Adaptive
- Pursue education opportunities to improve job capabilities including the Certified Corporate FP&A Professional
- Qualified candidate must possess a Bachelors Degree in finance, accounting, other business-related, or technical field
- MBA or CPA a plus
- 2-5 years of related experience performing financial analysis, evaluating trends and patterns in business results, and creating financial performance models/estimates
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and ability to work with Pivot tables and other advanced excel functions required
- Experience with enterprise systems and reporting tools a strong plus (Workday or Adaptive Insights preferred)
- Insurance industry experience preferred
- Strong communication, analytical, critical-thinking, and presentation skills
- Must possess a general knowledge and understanding of GAAP
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match is fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
- Free health club membership
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.