Paralegal - Altamonte Springs
The Paralegal reports directly to the General Counsel and provides paralegal support to Attorneys and enhances Attorney effectiveness by performing delegated substantive legal work for all Attorneys in the Litigation Department.
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
Essential Job Functions
- Case Management
- Tracking documents
- Calculate and manage deadlines
- Review and summarize case files
- Review, draft and file legal documents such as discovery responses, motions and other pleadings for Attorneys
- Legal research
- Input billing for daily activity
- Responsible for providing Paralegal support to all Attorneys
- Compile, analyze and organize information
- Other duties as assigned
Required Knowledge, Skills & Ability
- Understand legal terminology and procedures
- Ability to handle and maintain time sensitive material
- Legal research and administration skills
- Critical thinking
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle heavy work load
- Ability to work independently as well as a team player
- Dependable and reliable
- Ability to multi-task
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office including Word, Excel and Outlook
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match is fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.