Legal Assistant - Altamonte Springs
Universal Property & Casualty Insurance Company is seeking a Legal Assistant for our Litigation department
The following are the usual, basic and essential functions of the position. These functions are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required.
- Must be flexible with the ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced litigation environment
- Must be capable of performing a variety of administrative, secretarial and legal duties for associate general counsel
- Understanding of legal terminology and local court/jurisdiction rules
- Ability to prioritize and identify urgency as well as manage time and multitask effectively
- Prepare and/or draft various legal documents such as pleadings, discovery, correspondence, etc.
- Daily telephone contact with Plaintiffs counsel, outside counsel, courts, etc.
- Review, manage and maintain daily calendar regarding upcoming court appearances, depositions, meetings, etc.
- Timely complete required litigation and administrative tasks
- Input and maintain documents and information into the Companys case management system accurately and in a timely manner
Experience and Skills
- A minimum of 5 years experience as a legal assistant required, or consistent high-level performance
- Experience in insurance defense litigation preferred
- Highly proficient in MS Office
- Medical, dental and vision insurance (post 60-day probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement Plan with a Company match up to 5% of your contribution and match are fully-vested (post 90-day probationary period)
- Paid vacation (post 90-day probationary period)
Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We consider the best qualified individuals available, without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, disability, genetic information, citizenship status, or membership in any other group protected by federal, state or local law.
By submitting your resume for this position, you understand and agree that Universal Insurance Holdings, Inc., may share your resume, as well as any other related personal information or documentation you provide, with its subsidiaries and affiliated companies for the purpose of considering you for other available positions.