CLAIMS ADJUSTER - General Adjuster – Commercial & Residential Property
GENERAL ADJUSTER – Commercial & Residential Property
Resolve complex residential and commercial property losses by investigating damages, negotiating adjustment of losses with insured, communication with lawyers, accountants and/or public adjusters representing the insured.
- Claims Adjuster will Examine claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage.
- Claims Adjuster must have the Ability to manage complex claims
- Claims Adjuster will Investigate claims by interviewing claimants, witnesses and other interested parties, obtaining official reports, inspecting physical damage, comparing claim information with evidence and/or by consulting with experts.
- Claims Adjuster will Set estimated loss reserves for clients.
- Claims Adjuster will Prepare reports by collecting and summarizing information required by client, local, state, and California Department of Insurance.
- Claims Adjuster will Communicate adjustment recommendations to appropriate parties after determining liability, cause of loss, and applicable coverage.
- Claims Adjuster will Control claim costs.
- Claims Adjuster will Comply with federal and state regulations
- Claims Adjuster will Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Requires two years college or an equivalent combination of education and experience; bachelor's degree preferred. Previous experience adjusting complex property claims. General experience level in excess of 5 years handling claims or working within industry segment.
- Must be able to write estimates utilizing Xactimate.
- Must be able to calculate and evaluate Coinsurance.
- Must be able to calculate and evaluate ITV.
- Must have understanding of Business Income claims and analysis.
- Must have a valid driver’s license with a clean driving record.
- Excellent knowledge of interpretation of insurance coverages, customs and practices.
- Good verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong analytical and mathematical ability.
- Strong organizational, interpersonal skills, and ability to multi-task.
- Proficient in MS Word, Excel and Outlook; Powerpoint a plus.
- Health coverage for medical, dental, vision, and life insurance paid 100% for employee by JBA
- Safe Harbor employer match 401k plan with Roth and non-Roth options
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions at JBA will be based on merit, qualifications and abilities. Hiring and employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicant's race, color, religion, sex, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, handicap or disability, marital status, medical condition, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Apply for CLAIMS ADJUSTER - General Adjuster – Commercial & Residential Property
Already uploaded your resume? Sign in to apply instantly