Customer Service Supervisor
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Associate Team Leader functions as a supervisor and manages front-line associates/units in order to achieve business performance results and goals of customer service, employee development, and morale for the Allstate Benefits Contact Center.
Manages Human Resources
- Implements the Performance Management and Progressive Discipline Processes.
- Interviews and selects job candidates.
- Identifies employee development needs and recommends learning opportunities through education and job assignments.
- Implements Allstate Human Resource Guidelines.
- Completes Human Resources related administrative tasks.
Achieves Standards of Productivity/Quality/Timeliness through the Effective Use of People
- Utilizes Verint Impact 360 call monitoring program to listen, measure and evaluate calls.
- Manages front-line employees by providing appropriate direction, coordinating unit activities, monitoring employee/unit performance, formulating and implementing action plans, recommending work procedures, and directing workflow.
- Develops a plan to effectively hold Quality Specialists accountable to scorecard performance.
- Assures that the team adheres to regulatory compliance and corporate performance standards.
- Prepares and maintains customer feedback, speech analytics and call reporting for all call centers as required.
- Provides information to employees and management, participates in meetings, and creates reports, proposals and business cases.
- Creates/presents reports, documents, and presentations to front-line employees as necessary.
- Articulates departmental goals and the relationship to team and individual goals.
- Resolves a high volume of complex and escalated inquiries from internal and external customers.
- Oversees and address complex customer issues.
- Communicates virtually with Allstate Benefit AORs to meet employees needs.
- Initiates recommendations for training as well as look for constructive and creative ways to improve team performance.
- Builds strong relationship with peers in Claims, Workforce Management and Premium Administration.
- All other duties as assigned.
- College degree preferred
- Speech analytics and project management preferred
- 2 to 3 years operations/administrative experience with Quality Monitoring programs (Verint preferred)
- Minimum 1 year of leadership experience supervising employees in a customer service call center environment desired
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Office, primarily Excel and Word
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written)
- Demonstrates competency in all management functions with minimal guidance or direction
- Demonstrates the ability to be a strategic thinker, who routinely creates and executes process improvements
- Ability to align team performance for customer focus and success
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.