Commercial Claims Team Lead
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Allstate Insurance Company has an exceptional career opportunity for a Commercial Claims Team Lead in Irving, TX!
This job is responsible for leading a complex and occasionally highly complex claim service process and/or directing the work of typically five to ten non-exempt, customer-facing staff. This individual supports the implementation of complex and occasionally highly complex operational initiatives that enable the achievement of Claim, Discipline, Claims Service Area (CSA) or Company business objectives. This individual develops strategies to achieve set employee performance levels and the expert execution of claim processes. At this level, the individual is learning how to manage a team of employees and gaining experience in motivating employees to perform their jobs to the best of their abilities. The individual monitors staffing levels and workloads, provides coaching and mentoring and participates in performance reviews. The individual delivers compassionate service that is fast, fair, and easy, to ensure customer retention. The individual works independently, prioritizes the individual's own responsibilities, and manages the individual's own workload. The individual consistently meets band level behaviors, production, quality and/or customer service goals.
- Makes and maintains a connection with the customer by understanding and meeting their needs; serves the customer with empathy; and follows up to ensure that customer needs have been met
- Manages, researches, and resolves complex and occasionally highly complex customer communications, concerns, conflicts or issues
- Reviews customer satisfaction results; recommends, designs, and implements personal and business unit action plans
- Summarizes documents and enters into claim system notes
- Documents a claim file with notes, evaluations and decision making process
- Gains experience in maintaining an environment of highly engaged employees who create highly satisfied customers
- Communicates verbally or in writing about claim processes/procedures with other employees, leaders and teams
- Manages multiple complex and occasionally highly complex work assignments with limited guidance provided
- Proactively uses claim technical expertise to train others
- Manages staff and gains experience in using performance management to improve and/or reward employee performance
- Effectively coaches and develops skills in providing development/career guidance for direct reports
- Administers company Human Resources policies, seeking input from more experienced Team Leads or FPL as necessary
- Identifies issues and potential solutions on all aspects of the claims business
- Gathers, analyzes and evaluates complex and occasionally highly complex claim processes or procedures; obtains facts and explains complex information
- Assists leadership in developing strategies of operational improvement
- Assists with establishing unit goals/objectives
- Participates in the implementation of process improvement, operational performance and effectiveness programs and changes
- Develops and manages processes to ensure delivery of compassionate service that is fast, fair and easy
- Ensures adherence to empathetic and responsive customer service in all transactions
- Participates in assessing unit needs for training and development
- Win input from more experienced Team Leads/FLB, provides coaching/mentoring and feedback and may lead training
- Bachelors degree in related field preferred or equivalent experience
- Ability to interact effectively, and coach others on interacting effectively, with internal or external customers and act with empathy
- Applies advanced knowledge of insurance policy, coverage, and regulation
- Applies advanced knowledge of claim processes, policies, procedures, claim systems, coverage, liability, damage estimating, and/or settlement, and adherence to applicable legal compliance standards
- Applies advanced industry knowledge to discipline practices, including best practices, to support the business unit
- Applies advanced knowledge of analytical procedures to reconcile, manipulate, and recognize patterns of data
- Applies advanced knowledge of problem solving and preparation of complex reports for analysis
- Applies advanced ability to leverage learned technical skills in support of team objectives
- Applies advanced negotiation and/or arbitration skills
- Applies advanced conflict management and problem resolution skills in managing internal and external customer relationships
- Applies advanced problem solving skills to continuously improve business outcomes
- Ability to assist leadership in achieving business unit objectives
- Applies advanced knowledge of training facilitation and coaching skills
- Ability to investigate, evaluate and settle complex and occasionally highly complex claims
- Provides advanced individual decision making within authority limits
- May work within complex and occasionally highly complex assignments requiring specialized knowledge in breadth and/or depth in area of expertise
- Has and maintains all appropriate licenses and registrations for the role per state requirements
- Applies advanced skill in motivation, organization, training, coaching and facilitation of teamwork
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.