ABI - Associate Commercial Underwriter
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
The Underwriting team is responsible for providing underwriting support and direction to the sales management team and their marketing forces for the purpose of improving growth and profit opportunities for new and in-force commercial lines of insurance within assigned territories. The team performs various responsibilities centered on quality, communication and policy evaluation all in support of developing and maintaining a profitable book of business within the territories.
The Underwriting Analyst provides underwriting support and direction to sales management and their marketing forces for the purpose of improving growth and profit opportunities for new and in-force commercial lines of insurance within assigned territories. The Analyst builds and maintains agency relationships for the common purpose of providing extraordinary customer relationships while profitably growing a multi-line book of business.
Develop and Maintain a Profitable Book of Business
- Reviews, analyzes, and prepares quotes, new business, endorsements, and renewals within referral guidelines for position
- Prepares recommendations on referral files outside of authority
Support Quality, Production, and Service Level Agreement Goals
- Work is within set parameters of quality and production standards, as applicable, and within agreed upon Service Level Agreements and state regulations
- Effectively communicates additional information needs, analysis process within eligibility guidelines, and decisions, to sales producers and management
- Instructions are clear and within Best Practice adopted by organization
Assists in Formulation of Plans, Programs, Policies, and Procedures
- Works with team to review plans, programs, policies, and procedures to ensure participation in continuous improvement efforts
- Identifies unprofitable and problem risks/accounts and producers
- File documentation is clear and within Best Practice adopted by organization
- 3 years underwriting experience
- College degree
General knowledge of:
- Company organization, structure, operations, objectives, and performance
- Insurance industry rules, regulations, and legal requirements Familiarity of assigned territory, including competitive position and marketplace
- Multi-line products
- Physical, financial, and motor vehicle records reports
- All rating plans
- Financial/business/hazard/premium analysis
- All underwriting/rating systems
- Advanced knowledge of:
- Computer programs such as Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint
The candidate(s) offered this position will be required to submit to a background investigation, which includes a drug screen.
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.