Product Analyst - Senior
Our Commercial Lines Department is seeking a Senior Product Analyst with 5-8 years product research, underwriting or product development experience. This position is located at our West Trenton, NJ headquarters.
- Supports the full product management lifecycle of an Assigned Line of Business from market requirements to product release including: concept, scope, specifications, prioritization, design, implementation, user acceptance testing, quality assurance, deployment and maintenance.
- Collaborates cross functionally (with Business Leaders, Product Managers and Industry Solutions Partners) to understand business needs vs. the company capabilities and measures gaps and differentiators in order to translate into Roadmap initiatives.
- Partner with Product Manager to propose roadmap initiatives based on strategic and tactical business objectives.
- Assists in defining and developing new product ideas and supporting the Product Development Life Cycle, including participation in research, analysis and implementation of new or upgraded product ideas.
- Responsible for drafting new products in support of the Product Manager including rule preparation.
- Collaborates with Product Managers in Legal, Claim review to complete product language.
- Responsible for moderate complexity objection management.
- Key contact for developing and implementing new product management or administrative practices in relation to the product development process.
- Assists in developing and delivering product training for internal and external audiences.
- Responsible for providing deep subject matter expertise within the assigned Line of Business.
- Evaluates the cost and benefits of market opportunities and product initiatives.
- Responsible for thorough research and the identification of enhancements to product offerings, presenting findings and recommendations to key internal and stakeholders.
- Responsible for ensuring changes are effectively communicated to key stakeholders.
- Proactively evaluates competitive landscape to ensure sustainability of existing products, and recommends new products offerings.
- Proactively evaluate the product and policy construction to identify issues and opportunities in relation to product management.
- Tracks individual product performance by market segment, and recommends updates based on findings.
- Maintain awareness of regulatory and compliance issues related to our marketplace.
- Review Bureau (ISO, NCCI) circulars and regulatory bulletins for product impact and recommending/taking appropriate actions
- Responsible for proactive product monitoring, KPI development and evaluating product results in comparison to business objectives.
- Supports the development of technology business requirements, translating into functional specifications.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Manage key aspects of the employment life cycle for the team including recruiting, hiring, development, and separation
- Ensure corporate messages and departmental issues are properly communicated to team
- Mentor, motivate and train less experienced partners and peers;
- Take action to enhance employee engagement and positive work environment
- Actively participate in management discussions
- Hold self and team accountable for adhering to policies and procedures internally and comply with external regulations
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong Influencing and Decision Making Skills
- Superior interpersonal skills
- Superior analytical skills
- High level of strategic thinking
- Ability to influence key stakeholders
- Demonstrated In Depth product knowledge
- Excellent Project management skills
- Ability to foster high performance team.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor degree in Business or a Quantitative Field preferred; Master degree desired
- 10 equivalent years of industry experience in lieu of degree may be considered
- 5-8 years product research, underwriting or product development experience
- Strong Verbal and Written Communication Skills
- Strong Analytical and Decision Making
- Ability to lead cross functional teams
- Detail Oriented