BUILD YOUR FUTURE, WHILE PROTECTING THEIRS.
You will be challenged. Rewarded. And valued for your unique experience, background and perspective.
Join a team where hard work pays off and original thinking is celebrated. As you build your future at Westfield, you will quickly learn that protecting our customers future is at the heart of what we do. We deliver on our promise to help restore lives and rebuild businesses when the unexpected happens. Building relationships has been a part of our culture since 1848.
Be a part of a team that recognizes and appreciates those who take initiative, seek opportunity and strive for innovation in a changing world.
ARC Analyst 1 Job Summary
Salary Range: $49,253.00-$56,641.00-$64,028.00
The ARC Analyst 1, working under direct supervision, learns to extract and prepare data ensuring the most complete, highest quality data is used. Provides reporting and analytics on assigned projects of low complexity. Identifies potential data and sources of data, and selects the appropriate option(s) to meet business requirements. Begins learning, developing, and increasing proficiency with relevant tools, technologies, and techniques.
Essential Functions (primary functions and/or reasons the job exists in order of importance)
1. Working under direct supervision, learns to extract and prepare data ensuring the most complete, highest quality data is used. Provides reporting and analytics on assigned projects of low complexity.
2. Identifies potential data and sources of data, and selects the appropriate option(s) to meet business requirements.
3. Begins learning, developing, and increasing proficiency with relevant tools, technologies, and techniques.
4. Incorporates the use of data, where appropriate, to effectively communicate basic analytical and business concepts and content
5. Gains fundamental understanding of quantitative and/or qualitative analysis to start identifying impacts, and begin formulating ideas and options.
6. As directed, collaborates with partners to create needed data.
7. Develops and maintains awareness and knowledge of internal and external business activities, trends, best practices, and tools.
8. Proactively develops relationships and fosters collaboration within the organization.
9. Identifies opportunities for improvement of processes and supports process improvement efforts.
10. Creates and maintains accurate procedure documentation and reference materials.
11. Travels as needed in order to perform other essential functions.
Desired Qualifications/Experience/Certification/Education (in order of importance)
1. Experience in reporting and basic analytics complexity projects in business environment (e.g., work experience, internship).
2. Ability to think analytically and utilize data to support business decisions and solve problems.
3. Ability to pass required assessment.
4. Interest in and ability to expand knowledge and skills related to analytics and data-based decision making.
5. Knowledge of financial, statistical, and mathematical concepts used in business analysis.
6. Proficiency in two or more of the following software packages (or similar products): Excel, Cognos, SPSS, SAS, Arena, ESRI, ILOG, Tableau.
7. Demonstrated strong oral and written communication skills including the ability to distill and communicate technical materials to non-technical audience.
8. BS, BA degree or commensurate insurance experience.
9. Valid drivers license and a driving record that conforms to company standards.
Physical Requirements (specific to the role)
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Ability to work effectively in an office environment for 40+ hours per week (including sitting, standing and working on a computer for extended periods of time).
Ability to communicate effectively in a collaborative work environment utilizing various technologies such as: telephone, computer, web, voice, teleconferencing, e-mail etc.
Ability to travel as required.
Ability to operate an automobile within the parameters of the driving policy.
This job description describes the general nature and level of work performed in this role. It is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, skills, responsibilities, knowledge, etc. These may be subject to change and additional functions may be assigned as needed by management.
Westfield offers a Total Rewards program that focuses on compensation, benefits and wellness, and includes perks like 401(k), pension plan, annual incentive, education reimbursement, flex-time, onsite fitness center and casual dress. Work-life balance, recognition, and learning and career development are all part of a rewarding career with Westfield.
To learn more about Westfield and the opportunities available, please visit us at westfieldinsurance.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer/minority/female/disability/protected veteran.