Allstate Financial Actuarial Summer Internship
3 days left
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Where good people build rewarding careers.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives. Well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible. And youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, all using and developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
Think that working in the insurance field cant be exciting, rewarding and challenging? Think again. Allstate Financial, the life insurance arm of Allstate Corporation, is looking for more analytical leaders and technical experts who can drive decisions as we transform and evolve into the future. Youll help us reinvent protection and retirement to improve customers lives, and well help you make an impact with our training and mentoring offerings. Here, youll have the opportunity to expand and apply your skills in ways you never thought possible, and youll have fun doing it. Join a company of individuals with hopes, plans and passions, in developing our talents for good, at work and in life.
To provide support to actuarial management and to develop data and analytical skills as a foundation for intermediate actuarial knowledge. Get exposed to the latest tools and techniques, and deploy problem solving skills to meet real business challenges as part of the actuarial team. Key Responsibilities
- Support one of the core Actuarial functions, such as Pricing, Projections, Experience Analysis, or Product Development
- Develop technical skills and gain exposure to specialized software, to gather and process critical actuarial data
- Process data to facilitate analysis and generate insights to solve business problems
- Develop Actuarial Knowledge and Skills
- Progress in SOA Exams, and apply exam topics to work projects
- Learn about the various functional areas where actuaries make valuable contributions, and how they fit into the larger operations of Allstate
- Summarize and Communicate Information
- Document problems, procedures, and analysis of data
- Attend and participate at meetings to gain additional insights and direct additional analysis
- Present findings to management to facilitate discussion and gain alignment on future course of action
This opportunity, for the Summer of 2019, is hiring individuals who plan to still be enrolled as students in the Fall of 2019.
- Working towards Bachelor's or Masters Degree with focus on Actuarial Science, Mathematics, or a related area of study
- At least 1 SOA exam required
- Microsoft Excel and Access and programming skills a plus
- Effective communication in working with others in everyday situations. Requires ability to interact effectively with internal and external customers.
- Strong organizational and time management skills and ability to work independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Good Work. Good Life. Good Hands.
As a Fortune 100 company and industry leader, we provide a competitive salary but thats just the beginning. Our Total Rewards package also offers benefits like tuition assistance, medical and dental insurance, as well as a robust pension and 401(k). Plus, youll have access to a wide variety of programs to help you balance your work and personal life -- including a generous paid time off policy.
Learn more about life at Allstate. Connect with us on Twitter, Facebook, Instagram and LinkedIn or watch a video.
Allstate generally does not sponsor individuals for employment-based visas for this position.
Effective July 1, 2014, under Indiana House Enrolled Act (HEA) 1242, it is against public policy of the State of Indiana and a discriminatory practice for an employer to discriminate against a prospective employee on the basis of status as a veteran by refusing to employ an applicant on the basis that they are a veteran of the armed forces of the United States, a member of the Indiana National Guard or a member of a reserve component.
For jobs in San Francisco, please click "here" for information regarding the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.
For jobs in Los Angeles, please click "here" for information regarding the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
It is the policy of Allstate to employ the best qualified individuals available for all jobs without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity/gender expression, disability, and citizenship status as a veteran with a disability or veteran of the Vietnam Era.