Claims Supervisor - Catastrophe - Inside Desk - Fl
Claims Team Leader
Note to current employees: Ensure you coordinate with your team lead prior to applying for this position. We may use additional sources for validating qualifications, (e.g., performance evals, leader input).
American Strategic Insurance is a leading writer of Property and Casualty products. ASI offers Personal Lines Property products in over 40 states, and is currently in the process of expanding nationally. ASI is ranked a top employer in Florida, and in Tampa Bay, for many years. ASI is an independently-managed insurance company that is a member of the Progressive group of companies.
Prior to accepting a position at ASI, candidates must consent to pre-employment background check. Any offer of employment extended is contingent upon the results of the background check.
Department: Claims (CAT)
Territory: St Petersburg FL
Insurance Discipline:Property and Casualty
Responsible for supervising and staffing a team of inside cat claims adjusters. Communicate with and educate staff regarding policy provisions, customer service skills, and appropriate workflows. Develop new and better goals, ideas, and solutions to problems. Ensures employees understand company and department strategy and results.
Essential Job Functions
- Help employees understand the company's overall business strategy
- Help employees understand how they contribute to achieving key business objectives
- Establish job description standards and performance development guidelines to ensure team members have a clear understanding of their role, goals, and the requirements to progress to the next level.
- Share information with employees on both how the company is doing and how an employee's own division is doing - relative to strategic business objectives
- Establish work procedure and reporting processes to ensure work moves smoothly throughout the team and office
- Analyzes problems, develop alternatives and build a consensus for the solution of the problem, implement the solution, and monitor.
- Establish clarity of goals that are Specific, Measurable, Achievable and relevant
- Establish review processes to verify work is being completed timely and in accordance with established performance guidelines, processes and to meet goals
- Review, complete, and monitor periodic reports to ensure compliance.
- Identify training needs to meet job standards, performance guidelines, goals, Company policies and procedures
- Evaluate employee performance in accordance with established job standards, performance guidelines, goals, Company policies and procedures
- Develop and conduct training determining success through appropriate reviews
- Communicate information timely and accurately through personal contact, email, standup and unit meetings
- Plan, coordinate and participate in Brainstorming sessions with the team and other units or departments as needed to increase productivity
- Assist in recruiting, hiring and training of qualified candidates
- Monitor PTO and ensure appropriate staffing
- Integrate CE education to improve individual training and knowledge
- Assist with training on claim investigation, evaluation and settlement techniques
- Analyze coverage and give direction
- Bachelor’s Degree or 7 years of related experience
- Experience with handling attorney represented and litigation claims
- Clear understanding of coverage issues, including exclusions and endorsements
- Flexibility of a work schedule with the ability to work extended hours
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytic and problems solving skills
- Excellent prioritization skills
- Xactimate Estimating System as related to reviewing estimates
- Excellent organizational skill and attention to detail
The ASI Culture and Benefits
The ASI Culture is like no other. While ASI stands for "American Strategic Insurance," we also believe it stands for "Attitude, Speed and Innovation." It is through these principles we plan our day and measure our success. This can be seen through the way our team members interact with each other, the fan letters from our agents and customers, to our success during a time where other companies have struggled.
ASI offers outstanding benefits, health insurance for employees and dependents, dental, vision, up to 6% matching on our 401(k) retirement plan, earned time off, life insurance, and much more!