Field Claims Adjuster (Homeowners)
Homeowners’ Field Claims Adjuster (Maryland Territory)
The Philadelphia Contributionship is the oldest successful property and casualty insurance company in the United States, having been founded by Ben Franklin in 1752. We write homeowners insurance in Pennsylvania, New Jersey, Delaware, Maryland and Virginia. We have an A (Excellent) rating from A.M. Best and have been consistently recognized as one of the Top Workplaces in the Philadelphia area.
We currently have an opening for a Field Property Claim Rep. This position is responsible for the outside adjustment and settlement of first party property losses in our Maryland territory. This is a full time position, which includes a complete benefits package, a company car and participation in our annual bonus program. We are seeking to hire a representative who lives in the Maryland territory since the majority of time will be spent adjusting claims in that area with occasional need to report to our Philadelphia headquarters for meetings.
Responsibilities of a Field Property Claim Rep:
- Investigates losses by interviewing the insured and examining the damage. Takes statements if necessary.
- Writes and prepares damage estimates to determine the fair value of losses within authority.
- Sets accurate case reserves in accordance with company procedures and adheres to the established claim adjustment standards, along with individual goals/expectations.
- Prepares a variety of forms pertinent to loss payments and file documentation.
- Processes and records all salvage/subrogation opportunities on all assigned losses.
- Develops and maintains working relationships with vendors in the construction/repair industry.
- Handles third party liability field investigations as directed.
- Evaluates and settles all claims within settlement authority.
- Special projects as assigned.
- College degree or insurance designation and equivalent work experience (Minimum 3 years work experience adjusting property claims).
- Excellent oral and written communication skills required.
- Strong computer skills including working knowledge of Xactimate, Microsoft Word, Excel, etc.
- Superior customer service skills and approach
- Ability to work independently with little direct supervision
- Strong organizational and time management abilities
- Valid driver’s license and clean driving record
- Must be able to visit loss sites by vehicle and perform inspections of damage.
- Loss sites may include fire, water, wind damage and may require climbing, bending, stooping, lifting in order to assess damage.