AmTrust Financial Services
Claims, Financial Services
AmTrust North America Claims is looking for an experienced financial professional to lead a team of local and remote analysts and senior analysts to deliver on the design and execution of a robust financial planning, budgeting and reporting process.
AmTrust is a Fortune 500 company that has seen significant growth since inception fueled by numerous acquisitions over the years. While the companys revenue has grown, the number of claims as well as complexity of those claims has grown with it. This has created an opportunity for us to better leverage our scale and vast amounts of data to identify opportunities to operate more efficiently.Responsibilities
This position will report to the Head of Claims Strategy and FP&A and will support the entire Claims organization by providing financial planning, budgeting, expense management, staffing models and providing general clarity into allocated and unallocated loss adjustment expense. This role will have direct exposure to the executive leadership team and will collaborate with various leaders across the Corporate Finance, Accounting and Actuarial functions. The right candidate will bring a balance of leadership, technical financial acumen, experience working with SOX compliance, GAAP and Statutory reporting methods as well as a collaborative and execution focused attitude.
- Recruit, lead and develop a team of 2 to 4 analysts and senior analysts
- Build a financial planning and budgeting process including a monthly reporting process to track actual vs. plan
- Deliver executive level presentations with actionable insights and recommendations
- Establish a monthly claims financial reporting package that includes insight into allocated loss adjustment expense (ALAE), unallocated loss adjustment expense (ULAE) as well as headcount information
- Collaborate with various leaders across the Claims organization to build staffing models
- Collaborate with Corporate Finance and Accounting to execute on GAAP and Statutory filing
- Collaborate with Actuarial to ensure expense reserves are appropriate and provide guidance and insight where necessary
- Support Claims leadership team with ad-hoc analytical requests
- Bachelors Degree from a top university
- 7+ years of progressively increasing experience within the financial services, consulting or other similar industry
- 5+ years of previous experience working with Hyperion, Oracle, ServiceNow and other financial accounting platforms
- 2+ years previous management experience
- Ability to read and write SQL preferred but not required
- Masters Degree and/or CFA preferred but not required
- Location Flexible: Boston, MA; Southington, CT; New York, NY; Melville, NY; Jersey City, NJ
- Up to 25% travel
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.