AmTrust Financial Services
Directs and leads the Complex Claims team for Commercial General Liability and Automobile claims. Purpose of the team is to get to best possible outcome for AmTrust for the most complex claims through developing defensive strategies and mitigating and managing liability and exposure. Factors contributing to the definition of complex may include dollar exposure, legal complexity, types of allegations, and injuries to name a few.Responsibilities
- Directly or indirectly manages a team of Complex Claims Consultants. The team evaluates exposures, ensures proper investigation, retains experts as needed, selects counsel if appropriate and direct handles claim to best possible outcome.
- Collaborates with underwriting and actuarial leadership.
- Develops and monitors metrics to evaluate trends, performance and opportunities for efficiencies.
- Communicates exposures to AmTrust Claims and other Executives; ensures ongoing monitoring and reporting.
- Develops and presents Executive summary and materials as needed.
- Stays current on case law and emerging trends in law.
- Provides for the selection, development, feedback and performance management of direct reports.
- Performs other duties as requested or required.
- Law Degree required
- Minimum of 10 years experience in the management and handling or litigating of complex commercial general casualty claims with a minimum of 5 years in senior leadership roles
- Demonstrated leadership with claims counsel in varied geographic locations
- Track record of effective written and verbal communication with Executives and all levels of staff
- Business and Analytical acumen
- Strong skills in influence and negotiation
- Ability to collaborate across function and teams
- Ability to engage, coach and develop team members
What We Offer
AmTrust Financial Services offers a competitive compensation package and excellent career advancement opportunities. Our benefits include: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, 401k Savings Plans, Paid Vacation and Holidays
AmTrust Financial Services, Inc. was founded in 1998 to provide property and casualty insurance to small businesses. Through acquisitions and organic growth, AmTrust Financial Services has since grown to become a multinational property and casualty insurer specializing in coverage for small to mid-sized businesses. Our financial stability is based upon a philosophy of niche diversity with a focus on low-hazard risk.
Since its inception, AmTrust has crafted a balanced portfolio of insurance products including:
- Multiline Small Business Insurance
- Warranty and Specialty Risk Insurance
- Specialty Program Business Insurance
In November 2006, the company became publicly traded on the NASDAQ Global Market under the symbol AFSI. With extensive underwriting experience and a prestigious "A" (Excellent) Financial Size "XI" rating from A.M. Best, AmTrust has earned a reputation as an innovative, technology driven provider of insurance products. Our commitment to excellence is the common thread connecting each of our businesses.