Account Executive - Commercial Lines
The Commercial Lines Account Executive is responsible for independently negotiating and placing new and renewal client coverages, collaborates with producers to prepare, market and renew underwriting submissions to clients and meet all service goals. This position has the ability to sign off on behalf of the producer and regularly approves policies of $500,000 and up.
- Account Executive secures orders for new business of significant dollar amounts and conducts initial service assignment, including delivering policies, collecting premiums and providing education on the agency’s services.
- Account Executive maintains awareness of status of accounts receivables on all assigned accounts. Takes appropriate steps to collect premiums due and keep accounts current.
- Account Executive participates in and may lead new business and prospecting insurance presentations as well as renewal presentations.
- Account Executive markets renewals and services, develops and retains assigned existing agency accounts using a high level of technical skill and underwriting expertise.
- Account Executive identifies cross selling and upgrading opportunities for assigned clients to survey policy coverages.
- Account Executive provides advice and guidance to service staff on client service and technical issues.
- Account Executive participates in, or leads special projects of importance to clients that are non-insurance related. Reviews state and federal compliance requirements and other non-insurance related matters on behalf of the client.
- Account Executive adheres to compliance procedures and internal/operational risk controls in accordance with any and all applicable regulatory standards, requirements, and policies.
- College degree or equivalent work experience required.
- 5-8 years relevant experience.
- CT Property Casualty Producer License required.
- CPCU Designation required or must complete CPCU program within 5 years of hire date.