VP & Product Manager, Managed Care Stop Loss
Advance your Underwriting Management career at Liberty Mutual, Ironshore!
The Vice President & Product Manager, Managed Care Stop Loss will be responsible for the overall growth, development and profitability of the HMO Re and PEI products. Functional duties will include:
Underwriting new business prospects for HMO Reinsurance and/or Provider Excess of Loss Insurance, as well as existing renewal groups.
Building and maintaining an in-force block of business and growing that business in accordance with company developed plans.
Establishing and implementing underwriting standards/guidelines with the ultimate goal of selecting risks based on their ability to achieve both profitability and growth targets.
Manage team of three (+) underwriters.
Consult with claims, risk management and actuarial resources.
Building and maintaining solid working relationships with broker partners, sales and service teams.
This position requires extensive knowledgeable about providers/payers and how managed care contracting works.
Will work from either our Simsbury, CT or Boston, MA office.
Underwrite HMO Re and/or Provider Excess new business submissions and renewals by developing coverage terms and corresponding rates based upon the RFP received.
- Ability to evaluate large data sets, identify high cost claimants and summarize information for input into a rating model for pricing determination
- Negotiate revised rates and terms with producers based upon competitive feedback, revised terms, and final disclosure of high costs claimants
- Support the acquisition of new customers and existing customers by working in cooperation with key internal stakeholders
- Prepare proposals, renewal terms and other product related correspondence to producers and/or clients
- Develop and maintain agency and broker relationships with ability to manage clients and serve as the primary point of contact for new and renewal business
- Achieve and monitor profitability on all existing assigned accounts and implement necessary changes in order to meet profitability targets
- Understand and evaluate market trends and identify potential customer segments in the managed care market for advancement of product offering
- Prepare and deliver professional presentations and participate in new case implementation meetings to producers and clients as needed
- Consult and coordinate with Product, Claims, Medical Management, Actuarial and other areas to deliver optimal solutions and services to the overall product offering or client specific needs basis
- Bachelors Degree in Math, Finance, Business or related degree
- 7+ years of underwriting experience with at least 5 of these years in a healthcare underwriting role
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and in writing
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Excel (charts, graphs, formulas, pivot tables, lookups, etc.)
- Managed care underwriting experience preferred
- HMO Reinsurance and/or Provider Excess of Loss experience preferred
- Experience in Employer Stop Loss Insurance preferred
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time