Tower Hill Insurance Group is searching for an experienced accounting professional to join our Accounting team in Gainesville!
As one of Florida's most trusted names in the homeowner's insurance, we pride ourselves on our ability to provide the best service and quality products possible to our customers. Over the past 45 years we have developed an amazing team of compassionate people who diligently work to help them to protect their homes and to restore their lives after catastrophe strikes. Our Accounting team works every day to make sure that the company's financials are in order, so that we can continue to honor our promise to protect and restore our insureds' castles.
As we continue to grow and expand, the number of families that place their trust in us will only grow larger with us. This presents us with a question: how can we ensure that we continue to provide the same exceptional service as we continue to grow? That's where you come in.
This job is probably for you if:
- You have a background in corporate accounting.
- A four year degree in finance, accounting or another related field.
- 2-4 years of related experience is ideal. A combination of fewer years of experience along with a four year degree in finance, accounting or another related field is acceptable.
- You are highly analytical with a strong proficiency in MS Excel.
- Experience using formula input, if/then analysis, pivot tables, and macros is highly desirable.
- Familiarity with MS Dynamics (Solomon), Sage Fixed Asset software, and Concur is even better!
- You are exceptionally precise, meticulous and highly organized.
- You are highly adaptable and dependable.
- You have a strong time management, multi-tasking and problem-solving skills.
- You have good verbal and written communication skills.
- You prefer a dynamic and team-work driven work environment.
- You have the ability to perform repetitive motions with hands/wrists, elbows and shoulders and possess good finger dexterity.
Our Accountants play one of the most impactful roles in the success of Tower Hill. Their meticulousness and dependability with our financials allow us to make crucial business decisions with the best data possible and ensure our continued status as one of Florida's top insurers from year to year. While their responsibilities rarely waver, the details are always changing and make for very dynamic work as they investigate and resolve the problems of the day.
- The duties and responsibilities of this position are performed in an office setting and involve sitting, standing, and walking for prolonged or intermittent periods of time, and include reaching, bending, and twisting at the waist to perform desk work and operate general office equipment including a personal computer with keyboard for prolonged or intermittent periods of time.
At Tower Hill we value hard work, innovation and superior customer service above all else and we know that it is our job to reward that hard work. When you join our team you can expect:
- A competitive starting salary with annual merit reviews and possible increases and bonus opportunities.
- A company matched 401(k) plan.
- Nearly three weeks of PTO (plus holidays).
- Medical, Dental, Life & Disability insurance, as well as Flexible Spending Accounts.
- Business Casual Dress.
- Access to on-site fitness center and gymnasium with regulation sized basketball/volleyball court.
- Subsidized lunches from Gainesville's myriad of exceptional caterers and delicious restaurants.
Perhaps this position is not for you or you know someone else that you think would be a perfect fit for Tower Hill. If so, visit www.thig.com/careers for information on this and other openings, total compensation, our company history, and more!
Tower Hill Insurance Group, LLC is an equal opportunity employer.
No matter the square footage, your home is your castle. At Tower Hill we’re in the business of protecting castles. We provide the insurance protection you need and the peace of mind you want.
Founded more than 40 years ago, today Tower Hill is Florida’s largest homeowners insurer. Our company is financially strong and solid. We’ve weathered every storm and natural disaster in the state since 1972, and helped our customers rebuild after each one.
Like you, we love Florida. We enjoy the sun when it’s shining, appreciate mild winters, watch out for lightning, and build hurricane kits every summer. And like you, our homes are our castles. Sometimes the unexpected happens — or even the unthinkable — and we understand what that feels like, too. That’s why our 400 employees are committed to being there when you need us all year long, not just during storm season.
Your home is where you and your family should feel safe and protected. You can be confident that if the unthinkable happens, Tower Hill will be there to help you rebuild. When your home truly feels like your castle again to you, we know we’ve succeeded as your insurance company. Although we have grown in size over the last four decades, we remain committed to the promises we made when our company was founded.