Data Solutions Analyst/Sr. Analyst
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company.
Do you have a passion for data? Do you want to leverage your creative, problem solving and technical skills in a business environment? Liberty Mutual US Consumer Markets is looking for a Data Solutions Analyst to work within the Distribution Insights Reporting/Production Support Team. This team focuses on Customer Experience through production support, digging into customer issues and solving problems. The team also partners with the Business Intelligence Data Strategy teams to design, develop, and implement reports and dashboards to support the operational activities of Liberty Mutuals US Consumer Markets Distribution Channels.
This position is part of a team of Reporting/Production Support analysts who support the administration of data driven solutions to distribute information across the organization. The primary focus of this role is to optimize automated reporting solutions that are aligned with the core priorities of US Consumer Markets Distribution. The role requires technical knowledge and ability to interact with stakeholders in a production support environment to provide excellent customer service. This position will require working collaboratively with technical teams and business stakeholders to ensure end-user requirements for business intelligence solutions are satisfied across all Distribution channels.
- Level 1 service desk support, researching and resolving customer problems.
- Automate manual reports via Business Intelligence solutions.
- Maintain and update automated processes.
- Coach and train less experienced team members.
- Some development work creating and supporting reports, views, dashboards, and datasets using business intelligence and data mining tools.
- Participate in all phases of the report development lifecycle from gathering requirements, analyzing the request, development, testing, implementation, and maintenance.
- Be a problem solver, identifying opportunities for on-going improvement and to address new challenges related to the dynamic nature of the business
- Partner with stakeholders to source data and define metric requirements. Ensure reports are accurate and meet performance, usability and functionality requirements.
- Provide project management and oversight for new initiatives, development of new reports and enhancement requests.
- Schedule regular meetings with the departments Manager to discuss the progress of projects and to recommend enhancements and changes in philosophies in order to improve current processes and increase performance.
- Become a data expert, learning diverse information management environments
- Bachelors degree required.
- Project Management background is desired.
- 3+ years of experience in data architecture, querying and data sourcing. Experience with SAS, MicroStrategy or similar database tools preferred
- 3+ year experience in Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP)
- 3+ years in programming experience in at least 1 of the following: Java, Python, C++ or similar language preferred
- 1+ years in Big Data Technologies including Hadoop, HDFS, Map Reduce, Hive, Pig preferred. Experience leveraging open source technologies or understanding of how to build scalable, cloud-based solutions a plus.
- Highly developed negotiation, consensus building & influencing skills, facilitation and the adaptability to respond to change quickly.
- Highly developed oral and written communication skills; strong presentation skills.
- Ability to effectively collaborate with all levels of the organization and work both as a member of an Agile team and independently as required
- Effective analytical/problem solving and research skills
- Ability to manage tasks/projects with aggressive deadlines/time-sensitivity
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)