Help Desk Specialist II
York Risk Services Group is a premier provider of insurance, risk management, alternative risk, pool administration and claims management solutions to clients across hundreds of industries. Recently named by Forbes as one of "America's Best Midsized Companies Two Years in a Row" We firmly believe that our employees drive the success of the company. With success in mind as the ultimate goal, we strive to create and provide an environment that offers challenging, stimulating and financially rewarding opportunities.
Summary: The Helpdesk Agent is the first point of contact for assistance with hardware and/or software, and works on solving problems for internal and external users at all levels of competence, remotely or locally, alone or in conjunction with other agents or IT staff.
- Take calls from users in ALL capacities, and in the most professional manner possible, analyze the problem quickly and/or take sufficient information to follow up with a solution
- Keep track of the Helpdesk ticketing system throughout the day, owning tickets and updating them in a timely manner so that all agents are kept informed
- Use remote control software to control a users computer in a discreet and professional manner and with minimal interference
- Be able to engage other technical staff in on-line chat / e-mail conversations to assist them and/or get help with the current problem multi-task, in other words
- Rebuild laptop / desktop operating systems from scratch
- Perform hardware modifications when necessary
- Provide occasional support to IT Services after-hours, possibly overnight
- Occasional overnight travel for support and/or training purposes
- Be available for after-hours support on a monthly scheduled rotation
- Write documentation in excellent English, detailing problems, procedures and resolutions
- Maintain an unfailingly polite, professional, approachable and cooperative manner at all times, but especially in times of crisis
- Maintain utmost discretion in the area of private health information, users habits and other personal information
Requirements (Experience, Education, Skills):
- A minimum of 3 years of relevant job experience Win7, Win10, Microsoft Office, in particular.
- Experience with remote control software helpful (RDP, Teamviewer, GoToAssist etc.)
- Experience with virtual desktop environments (VMware) very helpful
- Experience with VOIP phone administration (e.g. Shoretel) very helpful
- Experience with Active Directory and Exchange required
- Health care industry experience helpful
- An ability to carry desktops or move equipment around a workstation
- An ability to perform hardware modifications, fixes and upgrades
- An unfailingly positive and respectful attitude towards ALL users, on the phone and in person (essential)
- An ability to multi-task and re-direct attention (essential) with humor (essential)
- A desire to share and impart knowledge relevant to the job
- Have excellent English writing and speaking ability (essential)
- Be extremely detail-oriented
- Repeat: an unfailingly positive and respectful attitude towards ALL users
College degree in related field preferred.