Senior Full Stack Software Developer
We deliver our customers peace of mind every day by helping them protect what they value most. Our passion for placing the customer at the center of everything we do is driving a transformational shift at Liberty Mutual. Operating as an Agile team within a Fortune 100 company, we are on the front edge of an IT transformation for how people work and deliver solutions.
In Enterprise Technology Services Talent & Enterprise Services, our users are the employees of Liberty Mutual and we strive to deliver best-in-class software products that simplify their daily jobs. This team supports a mixture of Liberty-developed and vendor-configurable applications including internal and external integrations and enhanced UX built by our team. Our passion for placing the user at the center of everything we do is driving our incremental approach to software feature development and delivery.
About the job:
As we grow this culture, mindset and capability, we want you to lead this change with us. We are continuing a maturity to Agile Lean Startup teams and we need an experienced full stack developer to change and grow with us!
Desired development skills:
- Generally 5+ years of professional experience
- Java, HTML5, CSS3.
- Experience with server side frameworks (preferably NodeJS) and NoSQL databases (preferably MongoDB).
- Familiarity with event-based System of Engagement architectures.
- Experience working with Agile methodologies (Scrum, Lean Startup, XP) and cross-functional teams (Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers, Designers, Business Analysts) as well as a pair-programming mindset.
- Demonstrates active pursuit of optimizing CI/CD process and tools, testing frameworks and practices (preferably GitHub, Jenkins/Bamboo, Mocha/Karma, Cucumber, etc).
- Ideally familiar with Design Thinking, Behavior and Test-Driven Development.
- Familiarity with test-and-learn approaches using web and customer analytics data, understanding how these drive hypotheses-based development.
- Strong leadership, communication and collaboration skills with track record of taking solution ownership.
Highly competitive candidate will have:
- A Bachelors or Master's degree in technical or business discipline or equivalent experience.
Understanding of agile software development concepts and processes.
Must be proactive, demonstrate initiative and be a logical thinker.
We take care of our employees
We strongly believe that a great job should keep you happy both at workand in life. Thats why we offer:
Career development, programs and classes
Diversity & Inclusion programs
College Savings Plan
Liberty Mutual was named as a 2016 Great Place to Work by Great Place to Work US.
For more info about our benefits - https://www.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/working-here/benefits
Learn more about Tech at Liberty Mutual - http://www.jobs.libertymutualgroup.com/careers/technology-jobs
Check out our Tech at Liberty Mutual YouTube playlist - https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLxUNmyJ_IIGx9yoUJfQ8k5APAK3-KAa6j
Primary Location: United States-New Hampshire-Portsmouth
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)