Recovery Specialist, Auto, Commercial Insurance
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance - A Fortune 100 Company!
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, Claims is not just about processing paper, it's a vital part of satisfying customers, managing company resources and fulfilling Liberty Mutual Insurance's mission of "helping people live safer, more secure lives." You will put your investigative and analytic skills to work; communicating with policyholders, witnesses, legal and medical professionals, and others to gather the critical information necessary for the prompt, fair and equitable resolution of many different types of claims.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is currently hiring for a Recovery Specialist position in Commercial Insurance Claims to join our Auto Subrogation Team. In this role you will coordinate, investigate, and recover mid to high dollar subrogation claims by pursuing the responsible third party and assist in providing service to policyholders/customers through subrogation efforts. Our goal is to identify and employ confident, self-starting, highly motivated individuals who display high-energy, intelligence and the natural curiosity we believe fundamental to our investigative process, the meeting of Market expectations and achieving our departmental financial objectives.
- Demonstrate technical proficiency in resolving third party Auto claims.
- Investigates and identifies third parties, determines liability, and uses all available resources to maximize the recovery.
- Communicate with branch office case managers, policyholders, injured employees, witnesses, claimant and involved parties, etc. in order to gather information regarding the loss and uses internal and external resources when appropriate.
- Create a refund card with an estimation of the dollars expected to recover.
- Notify third party and/or third party insurance carrier of our subrogation and right of recovery. Make appropriate referrals to legal counsel to initiate litigation or intervene when appropriate.
- Post Action Plan in electronic file outlining the course of action to bring the subrogation claim to resolution with target dates. Ensure claim file has all documents to support subrogation recovery efforts. Manage a timely diary and follow up system on case assignments.
- Use sound communication skills to successfully negotiate recoveries with attorneys, third parties and/or co-defendants in coordination with branch office efforts to resolve the claim.
- Update files and provide comprehensive reports as required. Adhere to customer service instructions in recovery efforts, status updates and notification of final disposition and reimbursement of damages or deductibles as applicable.
- Apply refund check to appropriate claim exposure, refund card and reason code. Notify branch office of recovery amount and file disposition. Pend payments for insured's deductible or subrogation related expense payment appropriately. Adhere to appropriate payment settlement and authority.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience, plus at least 0-1 years of claims handling experience or directly related experience preferred. Auto claims experience preferred.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Technical knowledge of multiple claims lines with national scope.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Knowledge of general insurance policy coverage, statutes, regulations and case law with a bearing on legal liability, collections and subrogation processing, a plus.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Weston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time