Recovery Technician (Second Injury Fund), Commercial Insurance
Advance your Claims career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
At Liberty Mutual Insurance, Claims is not just about processing paper, it's a vital part of satisfying customers, managing company resources and fulfilling Liberty Mutual Insurance's mission of "helping people live safer, more secure lives." You will put your investigative and analytic skills to work; communicating with policyholders, witnesses, legal and medical professionals, and others to gather the critical information necessary for the prompt, fair and equitable resolution of many different types of claims.
Liberty Mutual Insurance is currently hiring for a Recovery Technician position. In this role you will coordinate, investigate, and recover Workers Compensation liens by pursuing the responsible third party and assists in providing service to policyholders/customers through subrogation efforts. Under close supervision, you will prepare timely and accurate workers compensation reimbursement requests for a high volume caseload involving multi-state jurisdictions.
This position is specific to Second Injury Fund (SIF) and Cost of Living Adjustment (COLA) reimbursements to be recovered from state funds.
- Develop strong knowledge base of each jurisdiction's SIF/COLA refund requirements.
- Compile data from multiple systems to submit reimbursement requests for SIF/COLA refunds on State specific forms.
- Communicate with branch office case managers, policyholders, and state fund representatives.
- Create a refund card to accurately document refund amounts requested.
- Post reimbursement request details in the WC electronic claim file.
- Work with finance support to ensure refunds are properly applied to WC claim file and notify the branch office when the final recoveries are received.
- Update files and provide comprehensive reports as required.
- Bachelor's Degree or High School Education and 12 months of directly related experience.
- Good interpersonal, analytical and negotiation abilities required.
- Knowledge of legal liability, general insurance policy coverage and State Workers Compensation Act.
- Licensing required in some states.
- Knowledge of software applications such as Microsoft Excel highly desired.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Weston
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)