Field Auto Damage Appraiser
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual - A Fortune 100 Company!
Completes quality appraisals of damaged vehicles to restore these vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Completes moderate to more complex claims within assigned authority limits consistent with company policy and legal requirements. Daily expectations include total loss opinions, auto repair shop and independent adjuster appraisal re-inspections, and supplemental appraisals. Provides best in class service to our internal and external customers. Provides technical and procedural assistance to other insurance professionals in relation to the claims appraisal process.
This position is located in our North Shore Territory covering Malden, Chelsea, Revere, Winthrop, Everett, Medford, Somerville, and Cambridge.
- Using multiple software systems and claims best practices, prepares itemized appraisals indicating costs of parts, materials and labor necessary to restore damaged vehicles to their pre-damage condition. Submits appraisals promptly to claims personnel or issues payments to policyholders and/or claimants to expeditiously process claims.
- Provides technical advice on vehicle repair, parts costs, garage expertise and opinions on whether specific damage is related to a particular accident.
- Completes auto repair facility and independent re-inspections, supplements as warranted to verify damage or confirm repairs are completed.
- Resolves disagreements and negotiates with auto repair facilities, Independent Adjusters, claimants and policyholders.
- Evaluates claims for potential fraud or subrogation.
- May be called upon for catastrophe duty
- All other duties as assigned.
- Requirements include a thorough knowledge of automobile parts and repair techniques, terminology and vehicle construction.
- An understanding of the basic claims department operation is necessary.
- Requires strong negotiation and analytical skills, strong computer skills and ability to work with multi-faceted systems.
- Ability to effectively and independently manage workload while exhibiting good judgment.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively communicate in both written and verbal form.
- The capabilities, skills and knowledge required is normally acquired through a Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience and at least 1-3 years of directly related experience. Licensing and certification are required.
- For car custodians, a valid driver's license is required.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts
Education Level: High School Diploma/GED (11 years)
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time