Senior Analyst, Advanced Analytics - Talent Analytics
Advance Your Career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Talent Analytics focuses on high-profile talent-based opportunities with significant senior executive exposure. We analyze and model large volumes of people, financial, and customer data in order to understand the relationship between employee behavioral patterns and organizational results. These insights allow us to shape and drive the future direction of Liberty Mutual. The T&ES Operational Analytics team specializes in client engagements within the Talent and Enterprise
Services function; providing consultation services to various internal groups to improve their strategic alignment and operational effectiveness. Our engagements identify and execute on opportunities to embed analytical tools and insights that enable better short and long-term decision-making.
The Sr Analyst, Advanced Analytics will provide technical and analytical assessments of issues facing the business. Answers questions by synthesizing data from diverse sources. Explores data sets, identifies potential areas of analysis to drive business impacts and makes recommendations to improve data collection and process efficacy. Uses advanced analytical tools to do their jobs more effectively and guide decision making. Presents findings / recommendations which impact profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction. Independently manages their work to deliver exceptional results for clients and proactively identifies opportunities for improvement.
This role combines the application of advanced analyses, operational strategy and internal consulting into a unique opportunity for growth and development. The trends or opportunities you identify are actionable and will drive change across the organization.
- Utilizes analytical techniques to solve business problems; including identifying new areas of opportunity.
- Guide direction of Talent Analytics by identifying high-value applications of modeling tools and analysis
- Answers complex questions by synthesizing data from diverse sources.
- Presents findings / recommendations which impact profitability, growth, and/or customer satisfaction audiences with highly variable backgrounds and technical expertise
- Evaluates data requirements necessary for answering business questions and examines existing data sources to determine suitability for analysis, proactively identifying any limitations and suggesting workarounds.
- Uses deep technical expertise to identify and build new data sets from incomplete information, evaluating quality and designing structure for sustainability and automation.
- Partners with SMEs to develop new approaches to measuring and evaluating the success of core employee programs
- Identifies opportunities to partner with stakeholders and conduct analyses with defined business impacts.
- With guidance, creates and communicates analytical plans and project roadmaps that effectively set expectations with all stakeholders
- Bachelor's Degree plus a minimum 3-5 years of related experience required; Mathematics, Economics, Statistics or other quantitative field are preferred fields of study. Advanced education may be substituted for years of experience.
- Practical experience with in-depth analysis of business data using a variety of techniques and analytical tools.
- Strong knowledge of statistics and an ability to design analyses that effectively test hypotheses
- Ability to identify new data sets, understand their limitations and infer business outcomes from their results.
- Ability to build models and tools that will be used by business teams to analyze results and improve business outcomes.
- Advanced proficiency in SAS, Excel (VBA, macros, scripts, formulas, data visualization, etc.) and/or other database tools.
- Experience with tools such as R and Python a plus.
- Strong ability to identify the right data to answer business questions and tell stories through data.
- Must have good planning, analytical, decision-making and communication skills. Ability to present data, visually and verbally, to guide conversations with business managers. Strong independent and self-motivated research skills with an entrepreneurial attitude to move projects to completion.
- Strong desire to continue learning about new analytical techniques as well as the business groups supported.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Job: Strategy & Planning
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)