Claims Manager - Property Damage Unit
At Windhaven Insurance we are always looking for A-players who want a challenge. If you are a driven person who wants to achieve great feats of growth within your career, we want to talk to you!
We thrive in an environment that feels more like a successful start-up, than an insurance company, and we are building the team to take Windhaven™ Insurance to the next level. In doing that, we’re looking for a Claims Manager to oversee a team of Claims Representatives and help us in taking the department to the next level.
The PD Unit Claims Manager will manage a team of claims supervisors and adjusters in a fast-paced, high-volume environment.
- Manage, coach and lead a team of Claims Adjusters and Supervisors; including monitoring attendance, personnel issues, performance evaluations, development plans, training, and disciplinary action.
- Take ownership for results and claim-related outcomes.
- Provide oversight and direction on claims handling; including reserving, investigation, evaluation of coverage, payment, and final resolution.
- Provide guidance and direction to Claims staff on proper claim handling in the PD department.
- Assist Claims staff in verifying PD policies and procedures; including coverage, benefit eligibility and appropriate handling of the loss consistent with claim handling best practices.
Desired Skills and Experience
- 2+ years of management experience in a claims unit.
- Bachelor’s degree strongly preferred.
- Bilingual - Spanish fluency preferred.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Ability to work under tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Creative thinker who is easily adaptable.
Windhaven Insurance is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate in employment opportunities or practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, genetic information, disability or any other characteristic.