Senior Business Analyst, Project Management, Liberty Mutual Investments
- Career Level
- Not Specified
Advance your career at Liberty Mutual Insurance- A Fortune 100 Company!
Liberty Mutual Investments, the investment advisor for Liberty Mutual Group, has a current need for a Senior Business Analyst within the Investment Project and Strategy Team. To be successful in this position you will need to understand investments, accounting and the financial reporting of various assets. Managing projects that are non-cyclical and varied, aligning with the project management life cycle (initiating/defining; planning; executing; close-out) and supporting business priorities. May also perform some project work, such as research and analysis. At this level, leads moderately complex to complex projects. Works under minimal direction from manager on more complex tasks.
- Leads moderately complex to complex projects (e.g., major area within a function, multiple workstreams, technical in nature, moderate/large budget, 6-12 month timeframe, etc.)
- Defines the business case with input from stakeholders. Identifies and gains agreement on project objectives, scope, timing, and resources.
- Plans activities/tasks that will deliver the desired results and oversees day-to-day work and monitoring of progress towards goals.
- Conducts project meetings and prepares regular reports to communicate the status of projects to stakeholders within and beyond the project team.
- Directs stakeholders towards consensus points and typically gains buy-in of recommendations.
- Escalates and works to resolve issues that serve as roadblocks and/or place project objectives at risk. Identifies and provides visibility into trade-offs between options and influences recommended approach.
- In addition to project management, may also perform some of the work defined in the project roles and responsibilities.
- Performs project close-out steps to include identifying lessons learned/best practices to inform the success of future projects. Applies continuous improvement methodologies throughout the project management lifecycle.
- Provides mentoring to less experienced staff.
- Investment business operations and financial reporting knowledge strongly preferred.
- Solid knowledge of project management principles and concepts.
- Ability to gather cross functional reporting needs and interpret into business requirements for development by IT partners
- Proven ability to manage the project management life cycle and proficient with project management tools.
- Displays strong communication, organizational, analytical, critical thinking, presentation, influencing, and relationship management skills; effective team building skills.
- Provide excellent customer service to internal investment teams and external groups.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Bachelors degree or equivalent experience in addition to 5+ years of relevant experience to include investment accounting, reporting and project management work.
- Strong computer skills necessary. Excel / Word / PowerPoint skills required, including pivot tables, macros, formatting and data presentation. SQL and SSRS a plus.
- Ability to balance multiple initiatives and prioritize incoming requests.
- Work independently to achieve desired results.
We value your hard work, integrity and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, its our privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about our benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, we give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. We create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
Were dedicated to doing the right thing for our employees, because we know that their fulfillment and success leads us to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Primary Location: United States-Massachusetts-Boston
Education Level: Bachelor's Degree (16 years)